Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 generic white clock after it dims screen

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 09:08 PM)
NETJOE
Journeyman
Options

I just got a new Watch 4, I am in the process of setting it up to my liking and I do not like that ugly generic white clock that shows up after the screen times out.

Do you of a way to get rid of that clock ?

I know it is part of a loop to keep the screen from burning an image and to preserve battery, but I would rather it to shutoff the screen and go to a complete black display.

IPXL_20210914_140637165.jpgf you know where in the menu system I could shut that off it would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You need to turn off always on display. You'll find it in settings - display.
NETJOE
Journeyman
Options

Well that defeats the whole good looking watch face on display all the time if the phone is going to swap and switch to that ugly genetic white clock. 

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
I think that clock only show up if you have a notification show with detail, so go to setting on your watch then notification, scoll down you see "show with detail," disable that option .
Hope that help
0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
P.s other way you can do is when you have notification coming in just press the back botton
0 Likes
Helldivex
First Poster
Options

I must agree this "feature" needs a off switch. I've had smart watches by other brands and never seen anything like this. If this is a feature ... we should have the option to turn it off. Its a watch Samsung come on ...we can't even have control over our watches?

0 Likes