Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4: ECG and BP monitor disabled

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 03:04 AM)
Brkumar
Apprentice
Options
Hello,
I have a galaxy phone purchased in the UK paired with a galaxy watch 4 purchased in India. I'm looking for instructions to enable BP and ECG monitor in the galaxy watch in the UK. I downloaded the health monitor app on the phone but it fails to recognise the watch, stating that "only galaxy watch 2 and newer versions are supported", when watch 4 should clearly be supported. Any advice/suggestions please?
Thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
It could be that your watch was intended for the Indian market and currently ECG isn't available in India yet
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Brkumar: The Samsung Health Monitor app is supported in 41 countries (Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and UAE. 

With this in mind, if your Galaxy Watch 4 was intended for use in India, then it will not be compatible with the Health Monitor app due to software variances that exist in our devices from region to region. 

0 Likes
Hinnybird
First Poster
Options
This is frustrating. I bought my Samsung phone from Amazon UK and my watch from Curry's UK. I thought it would ok to record BP and ECG. It keeps telling me it's not available. Investigated further to find my phones regulatory info says Saudi Arabia! Therefore not available in UK. Not a happy bunny.
0 Likes
Brkumar
Apprentice
Options
@AndrewL Is that confirmed by a technical team at Samsung? To be fair, I should be able to use the watch for the intended purpose in the new country. I find it hard to believe that the software would be drastically different across countries. It could just be that specific features are disabled based on the country. Isn't it unfair to not let the customer enable a feature after moving countries? I bought the watch with the expectation that ECG will work when I move to a country where it is allowed. Clealy, the device isn't doing what I need it to in the new country, and I'm not getting my money's worth. What is Samsung's official position in this regard? This is not a good customer experience, nor is it helping Samsung's reputation.
0 Likes
Brkumar
Apprentice
Options
Any update here? Even if the watch was purchased in India, shouldn't a reset and a pairing with a UK galaxy phone resolve the problem ? Has anyone tried other workaround?
0 Likes