Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 dies and reboots while doing hike and listening to music

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 04:50 AM)
catnap
Journeyman
Options

Today while hiking and listening to music, music app stopped playing, watch became unresponsive and eventually rebooted. Of course I lost the rest of the hike. It started a new hike.  Then it happened again when back at my car. Was not playing music - screen went black and I held down both buttons to reboot.

The music app is the play music app in the app selection and the music is my own which I transferred from my Note 8. No streaming involved.

This had happened before on another hike. Screen went black, eventually rebooted.

The battery was not low - it was at 40%

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
tunit
First Poster
Options
Myn too
0 Likes
Tiadinky
First Poster
Options
Has this been since the update as mine is only keeping a charge for about 10hrs since the uodate
0 Likes
catnap
Journeyman
Options

This had nothing to do with battery life. The battery was fine at 40%. The problem occurred on a hike before the update and on a hike after the update. I've had no problems with battery life since the update.

0 Likes
catnap
Journeyman
Options

So I get an email from Samsung community asking if my reply to  Tiadinky's reply (whose reply did not even address my post) to my original post is an acceptable solution.  No it's not a solution.

Why do I even bother?

0 Likes
NovinoDragon
First Poster
Options

Started happening to me as well since last week, however the last update was done over a month ago. I did start using the Spotify app about two weeks ago but not sure if the problem arose from that.

0 Likes
catnap
Journeyman
Options

Since this happened I sent my watch to Samsung for repair for various other issues. They could not repair it, they would not return it to me, they would not send me a replacement watch (said they had none in stock).  Eventually after weeks of hassle they did return my money.  I ended up buying a new watch from Amazon.  I will never buy anything from Samsung again.

I have not tried hiking and music on the new watch yet.

0 Likes
NovinoDragon
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the update. I reset my watch and now the problem went away. Fortunately a reset does not remove esim info(took backup before reset) so I just had to copy the tracks again to the watch (which is very slow and another problem with this hardware). And now I haven't seen the issue for a good 24 hours, will report back here if I see it again.

0 Likes