Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 classic - Trying to connect it to Wear OS on my phone but keep getting "an error occurred while finding devices"

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 05:01 PM)
jonb444
Apprentice
Options

Hi to anyone who can help. 

I've been trying to connect Wear OS to my recently acquired watch 4 classic. I keep getting a message on the watch "an error occurred while finding devices". I have uninstalled Wear OS from my note 20 ultra numerous times and also done a full reset on the watch but still get the error message. Has anyone any idea what I can do next. Thanks 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
You don't need wear OS bud, use the wearable app on galaxy store.
jonb444
Apprentice
Options
👍 thanks
MLXLT
Journeyman
Options

Wrong! Wear OS is needed for some watch faces to set them up to your preferred interactive settings.

0 Likes
jonb444
Apprentice
Options
If that's the case what's the solution to the problem
0 Likes
MLXLT
Journeyman
Options

I don't know. I'm having the same Wear OS/Watch 4 problem. I downloaded a watch face from the PlayStore and the features can't be reset on the Galaxy Wearable app. Need to do it through the Wear OS app on the phone, but I can't link them. Using only the Galaxy Wearable app limits functionality.

0 Likes
jonb444
Apprentice
Options
It's frustrating but maybe someone has the work around
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Jon isnt asking about watch faces is he, he's trying to set up his watch
0 Likes
MLXLT
Journeyman
Options

Yes, he is asking about how to set up his watch. He's asking how to set it up with Wear OS. You didn't help with that. You gave a response that won't help him in the future with watch faces, and other things, that he will get off the Google Play store. That is the reason for Wear OS. Why else would Samsung go with Wear OS, unless they're too lazy to develop their own apps? And if they were to quit developing their own apps, that is another reason for linking with Wear OS. Don't get me wrong. Samsung has great apps. I had the TicWatch 3 and didn't like it. Now with the Watch4, I LOVE it and that has a lot to do with  the Samsung apps (I've had several versions of Samsung watches and that's why I dropped the TicWatch 3), but the watch still needs to link with Wear OS to reach it's full potential. Now - can someone give us clues to how to link the Watch4 with Wear OS?

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
😄 aww bless
0 Likes