Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 Classic tracking issue

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 09:25 AM)
J5G
Explorer
Options
Can anyone help? Samsung won't warranty this as they say no faults been found. My watch has been in twice for repair with Samsung and it still faulty. The issue is the device won't track/log distance when doing excersise. Specifically cycling and running. All other tracking works, and running did work until around a month ago. 
I've factory reset the watch multiple tines, uninstalld /installed Galaxy wearable app multiple times. 
My location is on, app permission is on. It has never worked since I got it and the years warranty ends November.
I've sent probably 30 error reports to Samsung, been on live chats/texts for multiple hours and just get passed around in an infinite loop. 
Has anyone got any suggestions, any weird setting I may have turned on or any input. I specifically bought the watch for excersise tracking - thats the whole point in getting it. S22Ultra is the device.
It's now going in again tmrw for another 7 days. They told me again, the tech should get in touch while testing so I can describe the issue - but they never did the last time, just did a reset and sent back, saying its good. Thank you for any info.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
kaiZF4
Explorer
Options
Do you have tattoos underneath the watch?
0 Likes
J5G
Explorer
Options
No tattoos, I cant with out why it tracks in running g but not in cycling. The other strange thing is it doesn't track the distance live on running - its only when I go back into the health app to analyse metrics that it shows distance.
0 Likes
JJLL26
First Poster
Options

Have you found any fixes for this yet? I am having the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I bought it back in December 2021 and it was wonderful but after some update around April the watch stopped tracking distances when cycling or running. It does not show the route that i ran as it used to do it before the update. Also, i noticed that the watch does not acquire any sattelite in the Samsung Health app for any exercise, so this might be the problem.

0 Likes
J5G
Explorer
Options
Hi, no answer yet. Samsung have had my watch for 3 weeks now, and had it for 2 weeks before that. No communication from them, no updates, just lies, lies,lies. No one phones back even when the promise to. I've honestly spent over 10 hours in total on tge phone just getting passed around from one department to another. This is the worst experience I've had. No idea what to do next. I'm trying to get a contact email for a UK CEO or someone at the top who can actually help. Let me know if you have a better experience or get any help
0 Likes
salur2
Student
Options

I have the same problem for my watch4. I bought it fro turkey a year ago but i am living in netherlands. I donot know, i could have a chance to repair or garantee in Netherlands

0 Likes