Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 Classic (SM-785F) Overheating and battery life

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 07:42 AM)
Glasweg1an
Journeyman
Options

My watch is overheating regularly and full battery life is roughly 6 hours with 4g Bluetooth and WiFi on.

I'm concerned about the overheating as its something I wear on my body.
I spoke to customer service on the phone but the dude had too strong an accent and wanted to collect my watch. Can anyone help me here?

It's only 3 days old and hasn't officially been released yet. 
12 REPLIES 12
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I don't have the 4G version but on my Bluetooth version I had to tun off both Wifi and Location as my battery dropped from 100% to 71% in just over an hour with little use. 

Things are much better for me now. I took my phone off charge this morning at around 11am and I now have 88% battery left with no overheating issues. WiFi was always a battery drain for me, and I always had to turn it off (Galaxy Watch, Watch 3 and Watch4 Classic).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Took my BT version Classic off charge this morning (showing 100% and charged whilst switched off). Within 3 hours I was at 70% - screen is off, no notifications received and GPS is off. Hoping that battery life improves and ironed out with software updates.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

My watch is now at 86% (it was 88% when I last posted). Thats a loss of 2% over the past hour and I haven't really used it, but did receive and look at 3-5 notifications during that time. I have WiFI, NFC and Location set to Off.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Battery life is certainly not too good with this new Watch4 Classic....drains a whole lot faster than my GearS3...that would last near 2 and a bit days but this watch4 Classic can't last a day..... needs some more optimisation and bug fixes urgently
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I took my watch off charge 9h 14m ago and it's battery is currently at 89%. Now, I must admit I haven't used it since then, its been sitting on my wrist mainly as I slept...
I'm going to leave it until it dies in order to get an idea of how long it lasts. Battery does seem to drop rapidly when using the watch though!

Screenshot_20210826-073932_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg

Current Devices:
0 Likes
Beer_MonsterUK
First Poster
Options

I've had to send my 46mm classic back. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get 24 hours out of a charge with little use @ factory stock settings. Hopefully the replacement will get me at least 48 hours like previous galaxy watches.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Stock settings for me included both WiFI and Location being enabled by default. The Watch 4 only has a 20 hour battery life apparently, and you will have to charge the Watch 4 every day with all these turned on.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
Aerz
Journeyman
Options
Mine overheats within minutes of being out of BT range of phone and using 4G. Not happy at all
0 Likes
Paulsg
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issues contacted Samsung support who suggested I get it replaced , I am going to try some of the above suggestions first to see if it helps
0 Likes