Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 classic LTE issues - call and text other devices

(Topic created on: 27-09-2021 08:14 PM)
Andyk
Explorer
Options

Now I think the issue is that my watch doesn't show up in the call and text other devices menu. 

Where you need to turn this on so the watch will make calls and texts. 

.(set up esim, got my watch data plan from O2, all linked)

My old watch showed up in this tab but my new one doesn't. 

So unlike this person's my watch doesn't appear. 

If I turn my phone off. I can see 4g, bars, O2 on the watch and appears to all be connected. 

But can't call or text from the watch. 

So something is wrong and it's driving me nuts. 

Any ideas? I've wiped watch, deleted stuff, rebooted, rescanned the esim etc. 

Using it with a note 10+ 5g

Screenshot_20210927-200859_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Andyk
Explorer
Options

Screenshot shows the watch and that is what I want but no matter what I do it won't show up as a connection

0 Likes
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
With O2 LTE plan, the phone needs to be on and connected to internet if you want to make calls and send messages with your smatrwatch and you want to leave your smartphone home. What drives me mad is that way after 30 seconds call my GW4C LTE gets overheated and it gets to Flight Mode. Can't use Google Maps without my smartphone neither. I'm with O2 as well.
0 Likes
Andyk
Explorer
Options
The phone needs to be on? That sounds *****..... proper garbage! What about for spotify for example?

And does your watch show up in 'call n text on other devices'?
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I thought only EE did standalone for galaxy watches🤔 I'm on ee and can leave phone at home....partner is on o2 and phone has to be connected via Bluetooth to phone for calls and message contains
0 Likes
Andyk
Explorer
Options

O2 definitely does support the LTE versions. 

I bought mine direct from Samsung so think I'm getting more issues. 

0 Likes
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
Yes, it does.
With Spotify - it allows you to play music offline as long as you've your playlists downloaded. No streaming. You get 1Gb date only with your contract and only to to make calls and send messages (to do so your watch uses data to connect online to your smarthone which actually makes a phonecall and sends it bach online to the watch. Hence delay).
It looks like all providers and networks in the UK work this way. In the USA you can share a number between devices, so you don't have to have your phone on. Looks like in Germany they free to use their watches as standalone devices and use their data for streaming music, for example.
Yeah, I know, it sucks.
0 Likes
Andyk
Explorer
Options
Wow that is some way off what I was expecting!!!
I think it'll have to go back
0 Likes
Andyk
Explorer
Options
So unless I have my whole playlist on Spotify downloaded it won't stream through just the watch!
Apple watch I'm sure allows all of that!
0 Likes
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
It looks like. O2 even offers Unlimited data plan with Apple Watch. I checked EE website and they also offer such plan with GW4Lte (so you can use your watch as standalone device).
0 Likes