Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 classic 4g overheating

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 02:15 PM)
Davethetech
Explorer
Options

I have a Watch 4 classic 4g and wvery time the watch is used as a stand alone device it overheats within seconds of use and has to " cool down".

My experience of this waych so far gas not been good at all, there seems to be so many features missing that were usable on the watch 3lte like being able to play music straight from the watch speakers and i had never had any overheating issues at all!

I am considering returning this device as it just isnt fit for purpose at the moment.
The software has been updated and there is no improvement at all.
Has anyone foynd a fix for this?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
Screen shotScreenshot_20210905_140426_sysui_17043.png
0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
There are a few comments about this already... The new software has not improved the situation. I intend to return the watch for a refund. I have no idea how Samsung could sell the LTE version of the watch with this issue.
0 Likes
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
Well i got my replacement today and im sad to say that this also over heats when using 4g/lte.
Gutted to say the least.
Im giving Samsung one more chance before i get a refund.
I have stipulated that the device is tested before i receive my device but fingers crossed.
0 Likes
Garpost
First Poster
Options

Just got mine a day ago. Called Samsung to ask if the overheating problem has been resolved before I even use the watch. Samsung assured me that it was fixed so I activated it which required me to take my watch 3 off my account. Within 2 min of making a call from the watch it over heated and shut down. Do not buy this piece of garbage. Sending mine back Monday. Big hassel because Samsung lied to me.

0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Hello all! It looks like the overheating issues may have been resolved with the latest update currently being rolled out. Checkout the YouTube video I saw this morning.
https://youtu.be/afQwkCag37Y
0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Well I reordered the watch and have been using it for 9 days on BU15 software. It still overheats but seems to last a little longer before doing so. It's very very disappointing.

So the watch will go back next week if things do not improve.
0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Watch has been returned. Purchased an apple watch / iPhone. No over heating. Just works
0 Likes
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
Yeah me too i tried 3 different watches all with the same issue but it never got solved and so i returned for a full refund. I have since found a new love for my old Galaxy watch 3. Still going strong!
0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Good for you. Was thinking about getting a galaxy watch 3... But in the end after receiving an iPad mini as a birthday gift just switched across.
0 Likes