Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 Clasic LTE

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 03:29 PM)
gpa
First Poster
Options
Hi guys I need a hand please! I just bought a galaxy watch 4 classic lte I'm on O2 network connection on my Phone but and I received my esim from them I connected on my watch but I can't make any phone call instantly of emergency call ,I call the costumer service on O2 maybe 20 times and nobody was able to help me with my problem of connection my watch on my phone number so my question is witch network operator do you use on UK for your phone and watch? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I have my watch 3 & phone on Vodafone and works fine. I believe O2 work a bit differently in that if you are out and leave the phone eg at home, then the phone still has to be on, and connected to Internet on WiFi and have a call network ( O2 ) connection As far as I understand O2 still run the watch network connection via the phone via Internet whereas Voda and EE connect the watch directly to their network - am happy to be corrected on this if is now different Also I think you need " Call & text on other devices " turned on - in Settings - Advanced Options
There are also quite a few previous posts on this forum from people on O2 having probs in getting connection set up - could be worth doing a search and see if anything else suggested
Hope you get it sorted !
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Im on ee and was pretty straight forward. Papashaun is right, and also you need to go into an o2 shop and get them to activate you. Even if you have it showing as getting a signal on your watch ot won't work unless they set something up in shop. Worst network for the watch in my experience, my friend has had a nightmare getting theirs cpnnected, in part as most shop assistants don't really know themselves what to do.
Franky89
First Poster
Options
Hi. I am on ee and have just purchased a galaxy watch 4. I can make calls if my phone is off but can't receive or send texts or emails. Is this correct? EE have been far from helpful and just keep sending me new esims
0 Likes
LeighWatch4
Student
Options

papashaun,

Thank you for the clarification re the way O2 handles the call.  It's almost like the eSIM number is a number translation service number with your 'substantive' (phone) number the target.  I spent 2hrs in O2 shop.  Assured me from a network level all was good, settings all appeared good but reading your message, the test was the issue.  O2 store put the phone into flight mode and watch duly said 02-UK with signal indicator but emergency calls only when we tried to make a call.  This led us to think there was still a problem.  I guess there was - the phone wasn't connected to the network.  So to test it, I move phone and watch far enough part to not piggy back (phone connected to network).  Then try.  Hopefully that will save me sending the watch back.  It isn't massively intuitive from O2 or Samsung but hopefully I'll get there thanks to this community👍.   Thank you to OP (I hope you are now sorted) and Papashaun for the explanation.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're welcome- hopefully will work for you when you try with phone connected 🤞
0 Likes
LeighWatch4
Student
Options

papashaun,  looks like I'm going back to Samsung.  I have a work mobile so I went out for a walk and left the phone linked to the eSIM at home.  My watch displayed network provider, 4G and signal strength indicators so all seems good with network provider.  I could send and receive SMS and WhatsApp messages.  Phone calls not so much.  I made a call from the work number, nothing would show on the phone until a missed call notification came up.  I tried to return the call, get a pause and then the emergency calls only message popped up.  Confused.  It's half working.  I exchanged the first watch under 30 days programme as a spring in the bezel popped out.  Now it looks like I need to exchange this too.  I'm stumped. Operator confirmed everything is fine their end and as I can send and receive messages over 4G independently that would appear to be correct.  So frustrating, so near, yet so far. 

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry to hear you still got problems with it ! Afraid I can't think of anything else - mines on Vodafone so have no direct experience with O2. You've probably looked already but there are a good few posts on here by people who were having probs with the O2 setup and I think a Google search will turn up a fair bit
Wish you good luck with it 🤞

Oh - just one thing - do you have " call & text on other devices " setting turned on in the phone ?
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - did a quick Google and found this - don't know if will help
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Set-up-LTE-on-Galaxy-Watch-3/td-p/1470210
0 Likes
LeighWatch4
Student
Options

papashaun,  thanks for the response again.  Will double check Google but most references I saw led me to this community.  And I can see why.  I think I've checked them all here but will check again and sending the watch back for a replacement is a pain and probably isn't anything wrong with the watch.  But missing a tiny crucial step somewhere.  eSIM is all set up good, yes calls and text on other devices selected. One last search whilst I'm on hold to return the watch.  Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

0 Likes