Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 causing eczema

(Topic created on: a week ago)
Beefg
Apprentice
Options
I got given my watch 4 for my birthday and I started getting awful eczema where the watch sits. 

I'm constantly changing the watch from one wrist to the other but it's so painful. 😢

I'm gutted as I love this watch. 💔

Any advice?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Cam12345
Journeyman
Options
Hello, have you cleaned your watch with a fragrance-free or non-disinfecting wet wipe and used a toothpick to remove any dirt or debris from the grooves? Failure to do so may cause eczema, as I have personally experienced with my Galaxy Watch 5.
Beefg
Apprentice
Options
Hi. Yes do this on a regular basis but no luck. Will continue to do so though. Thanks.
0 Likes
Cam12345
Journeyman
Options
Always ensure that your watch and wrist are dry before wearing it, as moisture can cause eczema, especially if you sweat a lot. If this occurs, consider purchasing a different band that is less likely to cause irritation and is hypoallergenic.
0 Likes
Cam12345
Journeyman
Options
It is important to note that wearing the product for an extended period of time, specifically 48 hours continuously, may result in the occurrence of the aforementioned issue.
0 Likes
Beefg
Apprentice
Options
It's not the band. It's the actual watch. Of course, I take good care of my skin and the watch to avoid irritation. I had a fitbit before, and the starp itself caused irritation, but nothing like this.
0 Likes
Cam12345
Journeyman
Options
Hello,

I would like to inquire about my previous comment regarding the duration of usage.

Thank you for your attention to my comments
0 Likes
Beefg
Apprentice
Options
I pop it on charge twice a day so I don't wear it for 48hrs.
0 Likes
Cam12345
Journeyman
Options
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I am unable to provide a solution at this time. However, I will conduct further research to determine if this issue has been encountered with other smartwatches.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Beefg
It's a shame you are not experiencing the watch as you hoped.
If you are in the UK.
Please can you send a direct message to @Sam_UK with the details you are experiencing.
If you go into your profile, you will see direct message tab there.
If you are outside of the UK. Can you contact Samsung Customer Support.