Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 aod

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 05:53 PM)
ParkerLM
Student
Options
Hi, Has anyone else experienced problems with the always on display not refreshing with the correct time since the last update?
5 REPLIES 5
Members_sVNpqsv
First Poster
Options

Yes, this is a known issue.  Just yesterday Samsung started pushing out a hotfix to rapair this issue.  A workaround for the moment is to go into the app setting of your third party watch face app and allow "Backgropund activity."

ParkerLM
Student
Options
Thanks for the update
0 Likes
Members_UmmkYp9
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know how to get that update/fix? 

Samsung destroyed my watch' ability to show time properly (e.g when in aod mode and not forcing the watch to go out of ambient mode, it's stuck showing the time when ambient mode was entered.) Can we sue Samsung for this? Aren't they obliged to provide functional software, or at least not degrade functionality that the watch had when I paid for it? It's soo frustrating that they dont seem to care. It's been over a month and Samsung hasn't shown any action??

0 Likes
Members_UmmkYp9
First Poster
Options

And. Theres no way to allow for background activity when the watch face I use is written in *Samsungs own* Watch maker program.

So, that fix is not working.

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Same problem here, not seeing these watch faces in the app list so can't force background activity as a work around. This is pretty poor for a watch to not being able to tell the time accurately.
0 Likes