Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 3 battery draining

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 09:50 PM)
SamanthaH
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having problems with their watch 3 battery life?

I have tried changing heart rate monitor to manual (was on every 10 mins) most of the time it is connected to my phone using Bluetooth - very rarely it is on stand alone, I have tried closing down recently used apps and location is off.

In 3 hours (since the last full charge) it has drained just over 30%... I didn't even get a full 24hrs out of it the other day.

Have paid so much for this watch and the battery is not lasting nearly as long as I thought it would!

Anyone else had similar issues please?

Thanks ☺️
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
RNB83
First Poster
Options
I've noticed it's gone from almost 48 hours down to under 30. Not as bad as yours but still it's a big drop. Have you closed all running apps?
0 Likes
SamanthaH
Journeyman
Options
Yes, tried closing all running apps don't know why it's got so bad.... I hardly even 'actually' use it to its full potential either... Only a few exercise classes a week that I track, never use the music player, never really use it for phone calls, it's a bit ridiculous really... My brother has the watch 2 and his lasts way longer!
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, i have had my Galaxy Watch 3 41mm for exactly a week now. So far its been good. Just to check the battery life, i took it of from charger yesterday morning with 100%. Always On Display turned off, Heart Rate manual only, Location Off, NFC on, Brightness at 5. Used it continuously until now including night to track sleep and i still have 30% battery left.

Try rebooting the device. May be that will help. Was there a triggering point when this problem started? Like a software update or something?
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Open the watch app and go to about watch, open battery and it will show the battery usage. Check is there anything draining the battery

Screenshot_20210505-215406_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn_23155.jpg

0 Likes
SamanthaH
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, even with your drainage.... Less than 48 hours with more or less everything switched off I would say is pretty poor... I would be at least expecting 4 days until I would have to put it on charge again. Its the worst watch that I have ever had for battery draining 🤔
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
I have never used a smartwatch before. But evwn samsung is only claiming 43 hours of typical usage for watch 3 41mm. So for me, i am getting more than what is was told. What size is your watch? If its 45mm then you should get more but even for that samsung is only claiming 56 hours

Screenshot_20210505-220305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-220656_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Tarquin71
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone please advise a car charger for the S21 ultra. Preferably a duel one.
0 Likes
SamanthaH
Journeyman
Options
It's the 41mm... Have made some more adjustments so will see how that goes
SamanthaH
Journeyman
Options
What do you mean by a duel one?
0 Likes