Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 3 4g

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 08:25 AM)
muzza
Explorer
Options
I need some help, advice or support, I've got the note 20 ultra on three network, as from today I am also using the new watch 3 4g. I thought you could connect my phone and the watch 3 via e-sim but can only connect either through Bluetooth or mobile hotspot. Does anyone know what I have to do to connect it up the correct way so if I leave my phone at home I can still answer calls etc from my watch cos as it stands I'm unable to. Thanks in advance for any help. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@muzza: If you haven't done so already, please download the Galaxy Wearables app from the Google Play Store on your Note 20, and run through the connection process. Select your Galaxy Watch, select it again, check to see that the number code on the Wearables app matches the watch, and tap connect. From here, you will need to allow permissions for the app, and check the terms and conditions. Once you've done this, tap 'Agree', 'Agree to all' or 'Next'. Follow the on screen instructions to finish pairing the devices.

Now, on the Galaxy Wearables app, go to Mobile Networks to scan for an eligible network, and follow the prompts to complete the activation. To find out if your network provides eSIM support, please reach out to them directly. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately Three don't currently support eSIMS yet so I'm afraid you'll not be able to use the 4G functionality on your watch
0 Likes
millerman
Voyager
Options
I think its only EE that support eSIMS.
0 Likes
muzza
Explorer
Options
I did read somewhere that three went through the testing stages last year and e-sim support was finalised from September last year I'm sure that's what I read.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
EE,Vodafone and O2 I think currently support it
As far as I know Three have paused / delayed their support but I think are meant to support esim " later " this year but I don't know exactly when
0 Likes