Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty on second hand

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 06:11 PM)
Smic717394
First Poster
Options
Hi, I wander if anybody ca help. I'm looking to buy a gear watch 4 46 classic, from a second hand page. I found few in mint condition in the box an the sellers includes also the original invoice, whether its amazon or othre retail shop. I'm in Spain and here originally the watch came with 3 years warranty, the question is, say the watch its 6 months old and still have 2 years and 6 months left of warranty, will Samsung recognise the invoice or they will found the excuses that its been resold to invalidate the warranty? 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
michelangelo84
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Here in Spain, only new devices sold after 01/01/2022 have 3 years of warranty. Before that, for example, the Galaxy Watch 4, had just 2 years.

Anyway, if its second hand, you will probably have the original invoice, and thats the important date, the first time it was sold/activated.

So if you for example buy a watch, that somebody bought in January'22, you would only have 5 months left of official warranty

Cheers
Screenshot-20220112-021843-Gallery-02
MordeL0L
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hello @Smic717394 

As Michel says, the products sold from 1/1/22 have 3 years warranty, the previous ones 2.

As long as you have the purchase invoice of the product, it will be valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.

The warranty will have to process it either with the store where the product was purchased, or directly with Samsung through its Official Technical Service, which have many authorized workshops throughout Spain.

I have a 46mm Watch 4 Classic and it is a great buy.

I hope you enjoy it, best regards!