Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

very unstable connection (Gear S3 - Samsung A50)

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:34 AM)
V_J
Pioneer
Options
Hello, I have a Gear S3 and used to have an LG K8. Everything worked fine. Now I switched to a Samsung A50, and I have huge issues with maintaining a stable connection between the S3 and the A50. At moments, it disconnects from bluetooth, stays disconnected for about a minute and reconnects. Quite often, the Gear app shows all the options of the watch (as if it is connected), except for the data on battery, storage and memory. During this time, the bluetooth settings of the phone still show the watch as "connected for calls". This disconnection can happen 10 times in one hour, everytime with the notifications on both watch and phone. But at times I can go for 5 hours without it happening. It happens both when neither are used or when one or both are used. I'm waiting still for the May update to the A50 (the April update came here 2 weeks after it was launched) and for OneUI update for the S3 (I'm expecting also about 2 weeks delay for that one). I hope these updates will fix it, but it was stable with the other phone. All software is at the latest versions (system tells me there are no updates). Any idea on what to try? The constant notifications are driving me nuts... I know I can switch them off, but it was so convenient to know whether or not I left my phone somewhere... I have reset the watch a couple of times (even without putting back a backup) and have reset the phone a couple of times.
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
V_J
Pioneer
Options

Yesterday, my A50 received a new update and it seems to have fixed the issue. I cannot be 100% sure as I'm currently using my S3 in mode powersave mode (have to manage a few days without charger), but so far it has not disconnected. I'm hopeful it is fixed...

edit: it seems as stable as it was before, clearly the May update for the A50 fixed it.

0 Likes