Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using samsung pay on Watch 5 Pro

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 11:35 AM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

I've got curve app installed so that I can use samsung pay on watch 5 Pro as Barclays don't support it , it's a bit hit and miss though as to if it works , usually takes 4 or 5 attempts or not at all , never had this issue with watch 3 , is it a bug or is the nfc rubbish on 5 Pro? 

Anyone else got issues ? 
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Mine is 5 pro Lte and working perfectly

I have Starling bank card, I use it for all online /any rubbish places as I am not worried about the security, because Starling app is absolutely wonderful to alert any dangerous activities additionally, I top up the account and any time I can get a replacement card too
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Some banks won't support Sansung pay/wallet, I know Barclays don't
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Thats why I use curve app & samsung + card , that's not the issue , its the nfc on watch
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
catlady
Pioneer
Options
Does curve charge your bank for using it
0 Likes
catlady
Pioneer
Options
I have tsb and not supported but but bit wary trying curve...... My Google wallet on phone won't transfer card to me galaxy watch... Phoned Google....... Getting nowhere with them...
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Never had an issue using curve , you apply for a Samsung + card for it then link your card to that , money goes straight out of my barclays account and get instant notification , there's no fee to curve and it's not a credit card ?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
No idea but we don't pay any fees to them so ....
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
123mailchris
First Poster
Options

Did you get this sorted?

I used Samsung pay and also have hit/miss issues. I hold the bottom button and the watch vibrates and in ready to pay mode. Put my arm over the terminal and hope for the best. Works probably 2-3 out of 5 times. Then I have to either rpull out my phone to pay or the wife quickly flashes her iWatch and never a problem.

So annoying. Wish I never upgraded now as my 2 older galaxy watches were fine.

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
To be fair I gave up trying , use tap and pay on phone from Barclays app , sick of looking like a geek tapping my wrist over and over ....🤣
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes