Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Galaxy Watch for windsurfing

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 10:41 AM)
chrisdj233
Student
Options
Will the watch be ok for using during windsurfing?
I've refrained from using my watch for windsurfing, due to high speed 'dismounts' (up to 30mph) in salt water. I'd like to track my watersports sessions as well as all my other land based activities.
3 REPLIES 3
LJNL
First Poster
Options

My friends use the Apple watch for windsurfing and wing foiling. They say its really good. I plan to take my Galaxy Active 2 out for my next windsurf session and test it out. 

chrisdj233
Student
Options
Yes, I used for windsurfing, and it's been fine. No water ingress despite some very high speed dismounts! However, I've found it doesn't work with Strava very well. Losing a recording before I finish, including watch rebooting. Lost maybe 20% of the Strava sessions.
drhelmer
First Poster
Options

I have used it for windsurfing for a year, and no problem with water. I am not satisfied with speed tracking though, as I don trust it quite, I think maybe it doesnt refreshes often enough to get correct speed, as I can keep a high speed for quite a while, but afterwards in the samsung  health app it appears as a spike. It shows my rides well tracked on the map, so that is very cool.

0 Likes