Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to pair Galaxy Buds with MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 04:09 AM)
andrew_b90
Student
Options

Hi,  I'm trying to pair my Galaxy Buds with my Macbook Pro running macOS Big Sur without success.

I just downloaded GalaxyBudsManager_2.1.201015.51, but I was not able to complete the installation due to an error.

How can I complete the installation to start using my Buds with my MBP?

11 REPLIES 11
parfeniukink
First Poster
Options

Hi! Same problem. Macbook pro 2020 (Intel chip)/BigSur.

After pairing via bluetooth have 'normal' sound, but after switching input device to the Buds+ I got very bad sound from speakers and microphone...
After downloading and installing 'Galaxy Buds Manager' had Failed.
I think problem is in requirements in the installation (Mac had to have USB 2.0), isn't it ?
*****, I thought thats really good stuff before I got this one.

0 Likes
andrew_b90
Student
Options

I don't have USB 2.0 in my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) but i can't find the device with bluetooth either.

0 Likes
January2749
First Poster
Options

Same for me. I spoke to Samsung support and they said the Buds don't work with Macbook. But the information everywhere looks like they used to. Very pissed off.

0 Likes
Solution
codegnome
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. What I ended up having to do was the following.

1. Disconnect them from my phone (I just turned off my Bluetooth on my phone temporarily)
  2. Place the buds in my ears.
  3. Touch and hold both of the buds until I hear a beeping noise.
  4. They would then show up in my Mac OSX bluetooth devices to pair. Pair them.
  5. Once they are paired, I then turned back on my bluetooth from my phone.

It also seems to go back and forth pretty well now. I just select in the dropdown on my mac the buds and it will disconnect from my phone and work on my computer. Same thing from computer to mac. I was about to return these to the store, but this saved me from that. Hope this helps.

jookieheho
First Poster
Options

This helped me! Thanks Andrew! 💃

0 Likes
Earl70118
First Poster
Options

Thanks. After much frustration, it worked!

0 Likes
anabhx
First Poster
Options

Very good advice. Before reading your post, I tried to connect the buds with three different devices and the buds did not appear on the Bluetooth list. After holding both buds for many seconds there is a distinct noise and then the buds appear on the Bluetooth list. Great! Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Options

Wow! the "touch and hold" technique worked like a charm. Was that interaction written somewhere in the user manual or did you happen to have deeper knowledge?:)

0 Likes
Syrena Nguyen
First Poster
Options

So much thanks, i had sticked with this issue for a month, try and try for 10 times base from ur advise. Finally, it works.😍

0 Likes