Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK BP/ECG is here! - Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:11 PM)
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
The Watch Active 2 OS update with Health Monitor BP/ECG function activated is now available in the UK (finally), just update the watch OS from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone to Tizen 5.5.0.2. 

[UPDATE 22nd Feb] 
The Health Monitor app is now live and available in the Galaxy Store app. 
Both BP and ECG are working. 

Thank you Samsung 😊

Give me a ❤️ if you like this post

67 REPLIES 67
Craplawyer
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem.  Using a UK S10 with a brand new Active 2 that I bought about 10 days ago knowing that the update was imminent.  Have tried every single day, resetting the phone and the watch (multiple times) but still no update.  Would you post the response that you receive, especially if it solves the problem?  I'm going to wear the skin off my finger pressing the update bar so many times. 

0 Likes
BIGDSC
Journeyman
Options

For all a who have a non galaxy phone, you may as well give up for now as there are no plans to allow other manufacturers to use the ecg and blood pressure features, also since updating my watch it now will not sync with my phone, Samsung seem unconcerned and basically told me to buy a Samsung phone! Beware if you don't have a Samsung device and haven't updated your watch then don't!! 

0 Likes
bongbv
Explorer
Options
Are all Active 2 and Watch 3 are supposed to get the software update at the same or by batch?
0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

All UK models should have received the update at the same time. Is it not appearing in the Wearables app?

0 Likes
bongbv
Explorer
Options
Not on mine ,and when updating the software it says " my software is up to date" but it is only 5.5.0.1, I think for BP and ECG to appear on Wearable App and to the watch the software should be 5.5.0.2?
0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

You are correct.

Just checking, is it definitely a UK model watch? I had a GW3 that I bought from onbuy.com and it was for the North Africa market so didn't allow some of the features available in the UK

0 Likes
bongbv
Explorer
Options
I bought it from Samsung online shop, model Number SM R830.

Screenshot_20210301-175837_Watch Active2 Plugin_106764.jpg

0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

In which case it should definitely work for you.

Sorry. I have run out of ideas as to why it isn't working

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bongbv: Do you have the watch connected to a Samsung phone, and updated both the phone and watch software, as this is required to access the ECG and Blood pressure monitor features via the Samsung health Monitor app? 

0 Likes
Craplawyer
Student
Options

I have the same issue as @bongbv.  My phone connects fine to the watch.  It's just that the software update which allows ECG and BP monitoring isn't available.  I'm stuck on Tizen 5.5.0.1.