Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK BP/ECG is here! - Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:11 PM)
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
The Watch Active 2 OS update with Health Monitor BP/ECG function activated is now available in the UK (finally), just update the watch OS from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone to Tizen 5.5.0.2. 

[UPDATE 22nd Feb] 
The Health Monitor app is now live and available in the Galaxy Store app. 
Both BP and ECG are working. 

Thank you Samsung 😊

Give me a ❤️ if you like this post

67 REPLIES 67
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

I share your pain.

I had a very similar conversation (via Chat) with them on Monday.

I found it interesting that at no point did they ask which phone I was using. It was only when I stated that I had a Pixel phone and asked if that was an issue that they admitted it was.

Please make sure you have left a product review on the Samsung website and wherever you bought it!

Sebmons
Explorer
Options

Espérons que Samsung débloqué rapidement ces 2 nouvelles fonctionnalités pour les téléphones non Samsung. 

0 Likes
bongbv
Explorer
Options
I bought Active 2 after I heard that the ECG and BP functionality will now be available in UK, I been using it for 2 days now with my Note 10+ but still no BP and ECG, my Tizen version is not the latest one but everytime I click the update it says that my clock software is up to date? Does anyone have the same issue?
0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
Are you following these steps?

1. Open Galaxy Wearable app on your phone
2. Tap Watch Software Update
3. Tap Download and install

20210227_004112_5169.jpg

bongbv
Explorer
Options
Yes, been trying that for so many times but this is what I'm getting (see photo)

Screenshot_20210227-004633_Watch Active2 Plugin_106724.jpg

0 Likes
bongbv
Explorer
Options
That is my watch software info.

Screenshot_20210227-004600_Watch Active2 Plugin_106722.jpg

0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
Interesting. The latest version is 5.5.0.2 so it definitely isn't up to date.
R830 is the Active 2 model number
XXU is Europe

I would contact Samsung via the members app. Not sure why you aren't getting the update.

Screenshot_20210227-005237_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

I was looking forward to these functions becoming available, but unfortunately on my W3 they are almost useless.  The blood pressure readings are nearly always the same (very high) - granted this might be a calibration problem with the cuff reader that I used, but it is so difficult to get any sort of reading as the watch keeps giving me the "keep still" instruction, even though I am as still as anyone not actually dead could be.

The ECG function is useless.  The reading is so sensitive to the amount of finger pressure applied to the upper button (as instructed) that I cannot get any reliable plot.  And again - the slightest movement causes an error message.

If this is supposed to compete with the Apple watch, it has no chance at all.

Do not get me started on the dropped heart rate monitoring, either.

I think I need to return this, sadly.

0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
This thread is about the Watch Active 2, not the Watch 3 (as per the topic title)

BP on my WA2 matches that of the cuff BP unit at my GP's practice I used to calibrate. No issues.
ECG shows very similar results to a unit used by a paramedic I know. Again, no issues.
0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Ooops....that'll teach me to post in haste. Thanks for pointing it out.

If I recall correctly the WA2 uses the same sensor hardware and firmware/algorithms as the W3, does it not?

So performance on HR/BP/ECG should be pretty much the same across the 2 devices?

I have checked my W3 ECG against an ECG generated by my Kardia, and although the BPM aligns, the shape of the waveform is quite different on the W3.

I will now try to post this in the correct thread!

0 Likes