Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK BP/ECG is here! - Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:11 PM)
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
The Watch Active 2 OS update with Health Monitor BP/ECG function activated is now available in the UK (finally), just update the watch OS from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone to Tizen 5.5.0.2. 

[UPDATE 22nd Feb] 
The Health Monitor app is now live and available in the Galaxy Store app. 
Both BP and ECG are working. 

Thank you Samsung 😊

Give me a ❤️ if you like this post

67 REPLIES 67
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
For those not finding it

1. Make sure your Tizen version is 5.5.0.2 by going in to the Samsung Wearable app, scroll down to "About Watch" then "Software Information"

2. If its not 5.5.0.2 then run the "Watch Software Update".

3. Once on 5.5.0.2, select "Apps" then "Manage Apps" in the wearable app. You should see "Samsung Health Monitor" at the bottom of the list. Tap the + nest to it.

4. Go to the watch and press the bottom button, then find and open the health monitor app.

5. Tap on BP or ECG and press the button to download the app to your phone.

6. Open Health Monitor on your phone.

If it's still not showing, then I guess it's not been rolled out to you yet 🤷 is it definitely a watch active 2?
0 Likes
Termite
Journeyman
Options

Yes have the update - it's a galaxy watch 3 but shouldn't make any difference. As above someone has posted that Samsung now state it won't work with NON samsung phones.

In which case I'll probably send mine back asking for a full refund 😞

0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
I Have no idea about the Active 3, my post is specifically about the Active 2.

You could contact Samsung in the "get help" section of the members app for clarification
0 Likes
Reklaw
First Poster
Options
I got it now thanks any suggestions on which blood pressure monitor to buy?
0 Likes
kevinDowning
Apprentice
Options

my watch is on software R500XXU1DSL1.  UI WATCH Version 1.5  Tizen 4.0.07 

I keep checking the main update for the phone in the main settings, keep checking the updates on the Galaxy store and the updates on Galaxy wearable but its not showing up, any ideas people?

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@kevinDowning your watch is running outdated firmware. If no update is showing then your watch is probably an import and so you won't get any firmware updates.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
kevinDowning
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info Paul, I got it as the free gift from when I got my phone from Vodafone, I'll have to try and get InTouch with Samsung chat and see what they say, thanks again.

0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
R500 is the Watch Active 1 model number
XXU is Europe region

BP & EGC are not a feature of the Active 1.

Watch Active 2 model number is R830

What's your actual model number?

Screen_20210222_192939_4993.png

0 Likes
kevinDowning
Apprentice
Options

it says model number SM-R500, guess its Active 1 then, 

0 Likes
TI8
Student
Options

This is Samsung using fraudulent sale techniques and twisting customer's hands into buying Samsung. First they advertised Active 2 BP and ECG functionality nearly two years ago, after delaying feature release for so long they desided to extort more money from the customers and made feature available on Watch 3 first and restricted feature to Samsung tech only knowing that many bought Samsung watches only to get BP Ecg functionality. I think this is a case for OFT watchdog here, which I will be perusing. I wish Samsung goes buncrupt for their scum tactics. I will certainly not buy any of its products. 

0 Likes