Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK BP/ECG is here! - Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:11 PM)
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
The Watch Active 2 OS update with Health Monitor BP/ECG function activated is now available in the UK (finally), just update the watch OS from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone to Tizen 5.5.0.2. 

[UPDATE 22nd Feb] 
The Health Monitor app is now live and available in the Galaxy Store app. 
Both BP and ECG are working. 

Thank you Samsung 😊

Give me a ❤️ if you like this post

67 REPLIES 67
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

I have just found out that the new Health Monitoring app will only be available to those with Samsung phones. 

I have a Pixel 3 phone so the new functionality will not be available to me.

I do not understand Samsung. Why are they behaving like Apple? The great thing about the Galaxy Watch is that it didn't need to be tied to a specific OS. This is a deliberate choice on their part rather than a technical limitation

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I read last week that Samsung are ditching Tizen and moving over to WearOS. If true, such restrictions might not continue. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Termite
Journeyman
Options

Can someone confirm - that the ECG/Blood Pressure is ONLY available on Samsung phones? About ready to go mad here. Bought the watch FOR that functionality, no reference it needed a Samsung phone for it!?

0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

The GW3 page on the Samsung UK website doesn't state that a Galaxy phone is needed for full functionality. In fact it makes the point that the watch works with all phones. 

The section that announces the BP functionality is here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/whats-new-on-the-galaxy-watch3/. There is no mention of requiring a Galaxy phone.

The global site does mention it (https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch3/#health) but you have to go to footnote 12 to find it. It was well hidden.

Termite
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the detail - not sure what to do next, I bought the watch primarily for the BP tracking. Wasn't clear when I bought it - it wouldn't be available. Now to see I have to have a Samsung Phone . . just nuts. 

Wightknight
Explorer
Options

I share your frustration completely.

I am planning to message Samsung on Twitter. 

This issue must be affecting quite a few customers. We need to make Samsung aware that they are alienating valuable customers.

kevinDowning
Apprentice
Options

I have been trying/checking for the updates but nothing as yet 😞

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Wightknight wrote:

We need to make Samsung aware that they are alienating valuable customers.

They already know, they don't care! They are a business and the only thing they care about is their profit margins. I'm not trying to jump on Samsung here, all businesses are the same. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
JPJ1987
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung s20ef and can't seem to find this app. I'm in the UK. can anyone help please
0 Likes
murphky
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat, have a non-samsung android phone.  Soooo disappointing they are not making if available for other android phones.  For me too, the reason to purchase was the ECG monitoring !!!

0 Likes