Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK BP/ECG is here! - Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 01:40 PM)
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
The Watch Active 2 OS update with Health Monitor BP/ECG function activated is now available in the UK (finally), just update the watch OS from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone to Tizen 5.5.0.2. 

[UPDATE 22nd Feb] 
The Health Monitor app is now live and available in the Galaxy Store app. 
Both BP and ECG are working. 

Thank you Samsung 😊

Give me a ❤️ if you like this post

67 REPLIES 67
Termite
Journeyman
Options

I spoke to technical support who corrected me and referred me to a NEWS article created on the 26th January clearly stating that it requires a Samsung phone. So not only am I meant to read a news article rather than the UK selling page. . . I'm also meant to time travel from Sept 2020 to January 26th to understand the watch I purchased will not work as intended.  I'm now going the the shop portal to request as refund. . . really not impressed.

K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
Conspiracy thoeries about extortion and your impatience aside, the delay was due to regulatory approval, which was out of their hands and took them longer to gain than they expected. Such is the way sometimes when bringing a regulated product or service to market. It can happen. A bit frustrating as a consumer, but they have activated the functionality just like they advertised and said they would.
Personally I strongly doubt the Office Of Fair Trading will entertain your complaint, but if it makes you feel better, best of luck 😂

*decided
*pursuing
*bankrupt
👍
0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
Yup, no BP or ECG on that model unfortunately.
0 Likes
kevinDowning
Apprentice
Options
Nope, I have a Galaxy 3, 4G watch turning up in the morning 😁
Termite
Journeyman
Options

Guess you're completely missing the point - the issue is for those that DON'T have a Samsung phone don't have the ability to use the new function (even though delayed). NOT that it took them a long to release it. Until 26th January - any advertising indicated these functions would be available to everyone. Not only those with "Galaxy" phones.

K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
Nice 😊
Enjoy!
0 Likes
TI8
Student
Options

I do not mind u correcting my English since it is not my mother tongue if it makes u feel better. I am giving u another opportunity to correct me I can see ure a bright guy but somehow missing the fact Samsung mis-sold Active 2 and Watch 3 using false advertisment. Many Active 2 and Watch 3 owners acquired these because of the heart conditions they hoped to monitor with the tech. I personally regret believing Samsung had a shred of desency, which is admittedly my fault. After waiting for two years for them to deliver upon their promises customers without Samsung phones feel cheated. Can u please elaborate where do u see conspiracy? Now there are better solutions available for those with underlying health conditions. Glad that u and Samsung are happy though. 

0 Likes
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
Thanks K3 - with your help, I'm up and running!
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
You're welcome 😊
BIGDSC
Journeyman
Options

I just spoke to an incompetent customer service expert at Samsung who tried to convince me that the health monitor app is not available because my service provider has not approved it yet!! Upon further discussion she admitted that the app is not available for phones and devices other than Samsung (and perhaps not even all of them), and she could not tell me when it might be available for them, this was just before she hung up on me, good work Samsung great customer service.

So in summary, Samsung have launched an upgrade to your wearable device but have not fully rolled out the app that allows you to use this upgrade, you may be lucky if you have a Samsung device and be able to use the upgrade but for a large number of people this just means you have a very expensive fitness tracker that doesn't do what Samsung promises it will.

Trying to let as many people know as possible as Samsung don't want to

Sorry  about the rant but after 5 video chats and a few hours searching for a fix to have a customer service agent try and tell me it's my service provider blocking the download, because their product launch was ill timed has left me a bit upset!!!!