Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off heart rate monitor during exercise

(Topic created on: 21-04-2023 11:20 AM)
eyeofhorus
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to turn off the heart rate monitor on my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active  during exercise to save battery - does anyone know how to do this? I switched it via the heart rate app to manual measurement, but it still starts tracking my heart rate when I'm running.

16 REPLIES 16
Loaiz
First Poster
Options

Is there still no updates?

I have galaxy watch 4 , same problem here, I can't turn off HR monitoring while exercising,  any idea???

Options

I can't turn off the Galaxy Watch 4 heart rate monitor even when executing a workout from the Samsung health app on my phone. It automatically kicks in on the watch.

Options

Samsung: You really need to listen to this feedback and notify the developers. I do not want heart rate tracking to kick in the the Watch 4 when executing an exercise from my phone. Make it an option. The darn heart rate tracking consumes way too much battery. It is on continuously.

Coop29
Apprentice
Options
Some people just don't like it either. Apple gives you the option so why can't Samsung.
0 Likes
Omid Gharaee
Apprentice
Options

Please provide an option to disable the heart rate sensor during physical activities.
The heart rate sensor is always active during hiking, and this drains the battery faster.
Please check.

0 Likes
Jmap42591
Apprentice
Options

And after years on this thread being open I face the same issue and wanted to save battery to see that samsung just didn't care to do a simple turn off heart rate feature that works across watch and not only on some situations 

Coop29
Apprentice
Options
Please just give us the option to turn it off completely.
0 Likes