Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off heart rate monitor during exercise

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 12:26 PM)
eyeofhorus
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to turn off the heart rate monitor on my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active  during exercise to save battery - does anyone know how to do this? I switched it via the heart rate app to manual measurement, but it still starts tracking my heart rate when I'm running.

16 REPLIES 16
CarlH
Options

Hi @eyeofhorus. I don't actually think this is possible. I'll check and get back to you thouigh. 

0 Likes
eyeofhorus
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, that's a shame. Are there any other tips for improving battery performance during exercise? I bought the watch because I'll be running my first marathon in the new year, and it was close to running out of battery when I ran a half-marathon a few weeks ago. I'm not bothered about my heart rate, hence why I thought to switch this off, I only want the GPS, pace tracking and music.

CarlH
Options

Hi @eyeofhorus. I've been advised the following steps may be what you're after: Samsung Health app > Setting > HR and stress measurement > manual measurement. 

Let me know if this is right!

0 Likes
eyeofhorus
Apprentice
Options

Hi, this was what I tried to start with ("I switched it via the heart rate app to manual measurement, but it still starts tracking my heart rate when I'm running") and it still starts tracking when I select an exercise. Would be helpful to know if this is a bug so I can send it back to the manufacturer

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @eyeofhorus. Just checked with a colleague who has this watch and they said it can't be done (currently). I wil put your suggestion forward as feedback.

0 Likes
fredrik
First Poster
Options

Any progress with this? It would be great to be able to switch off the heart rate monitor when running. It drains the battery and makes long distance running not possible with the watch

Ana1210
Student
Options

How annoying  why have a manual option for HR tracker when it still turns on the HR sensor while working out?? I think ill return the watch. I have had it for about a week and the watch barely lasts for 24hrs. Mostly because my work involves quite a lot of walking (do about 15000 to 20000 steps a day) and the stupid HR tracked is on all the time!!! In spite of turning it all into manual its on every time I'm walking anywhere.

kpc1
Apprentice
Options

Is there still no way to avoid the HR sensor operating when an auto workout is detected, please? Surely Samsung have addressed this by now? I find it annoying also.

adjr
First Poster
Options

I have not seen any update on switching off the heart rate monitor completely. I am using Samsung watch 3 and it gives numbness to the left side where I am wearing the watch and I need to badly switch off this. I made all the medical checks and finally found out that it is due to the watch monitoring.   Can Samsung update the app to switch off the heart rate monitor completely?