Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Galaxy Buds without a case

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 07:49 PM)
Jyuste
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I recently purchased the regular galaxy buds and I'm extremely happy with them but I'm always concerned I'm going to lose the case cause it's very tiny and slippery and finally today it happened.

I went on a bike ride and it might have fallen out of my bag as I took something and I didn't notice since it's so small.

So my questions are:

Is there a way to locate the case?

Can I turn them off without it?

Is it possible to get another case without having to buy new ones (cause they're pretty pricey and I really can't afford it)?

Thanks for your help!

14 REPLIES 14
Nik769
Journeyman
Options
the galaxy wearable app on your phone will allow you to turn them on and off..
0 Likes
Nik769
Journeyman
Options
worth looking for a second hand set, as you only need the charging case
0 Likes
Jyuste
Journeyman
Options

I don't see any option to turn them off

NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
You can get an aftermarket charging case for 10 quid on ebay
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi.

There is no way to turn the buds off they only turn off when they are in the case and the case is closed.

There is also no way to locate the case unfortunately

From what i know samsung is not allowing you to buy a charging case separately (silly thing) you may try to ask for one at a samsung costumer service but i think they will tell you that you need to buy another pair of buds.

I would advise you to look for a charging case on the internet

Jyuste
Journeyman
Options

Wow!

This is such an oversight. Given that the case is so small and slippery and that it's just as important as the actual buds to have they should give the option to buy separate cases/buds or offer a replacement services since they're so easy to lose (and I'm not a forgetful or careless).

Also, no way to turn them off??? Seriously...

Anyway thanks for the answer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Jyuste wrote:

Wow!

This is such an oversight. Given that the case is so small and slippery and that it's just as important as the actual buds to have they should give the option to buy separate cases/buds or offer a replacement services since they're so easy to lose (and I'm not a forgetful or careless).

Also, no way to turn them off??? Seriously...

Anyway thanks for the answer.

i know, the fact that you cannot just buy the case is a real bummer for me

Christophe_71
First Poster
Options

Unfortunley it happend to me. I lost the case in the tramway.

So I can confirm those to you form my experience:

1. Samsung is not providing the case alone
  2. I found a charger made in China on Amazon that can at least charge them (Link to Amazon (French version)) for arround 20 € (in comparaison with the 149 € of a new pair)
  3. You can't switch off the buds without the case

I think that the worst problem is the third point as the buds will always get discharged and charged. I'm not not sure that the batteries will like it for a long time. I will see.

Jyuste
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip. I saw that here on Amazon Germany and they also sell the case but it costs 50€. I'm gonna check on eBay to see if I can find anything or I guess I'll have to save for other cheaper headphones 😅