Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off buds 2 without case? Other models may apply.

(Topic created on: 29-10-2022 07:36 PM)
abc_34
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Imagine you went out for a while (for jogging, shopping, short trip etc.) with buds without taking case with you, you are done with buds and want to turn them off to save battery. Or you done with buds and just want to put it on table not into case to prevent starting a new recharging cycle which would reduce battery life faster.  Simply you cant do it 😮 Isnt this stupid? It must be turned off manually or at least turn off automatically after idling couple minutes. I believe Samsung tech guys can bring this feature with a firmware update. Hope they will..

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
If you power off earbuds with firmware, how would you power them back on? Firmware again? Well then they would have to be listening for the turn on signal. Which they are already doing now, but on the Bluetooth signal.
What do you think?
0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
turn off Bluetooth on your phone job done
0 Likes
abc_34
Explorer
Options

I think you misunderstood it. There must be a turn off/on feature for the buds like holding touchpad for 5 seconds or from wearable app. Otherwise, if you dont put buds to case, it keeps running and drains battery. This feature is a basic one and can be added with a software update. Hope samsung guys will add it soon.

0 Likes
abc_34
Explorer
Options

Have you tried it? I did, im afraid it doesnt help. Buds keep running and draining battery.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@abc_34: I appreciate your viewpoint. I think it is important to keep the case with you while you are using your Buds, as it helps to keep them safe, ensures they're charged and ready for use next time you use them, and reduces the risk of misplacing them. 

0 Likes
abc_34
Explorer
Options

If you dont put buds to case, they will keep running even not connected and drain battery unnecessarily. If you put them into charger every time after you are done using your buds for a short time, it will degrade buds and case life faster than otherwise.

Samsung should bring turn on/off buds independently feature asap. It's just a matter of software update, not that hard. 

0 Likes
Phạm Đức Huy
First Poster
Options

Hello. I just purchased my Buds 2 a few weeks ago but this may apply for other models as well. I found out that the top of the earbuds and the casing have magnets to recognize each other, so you when you put your earbuds in your case, they get turned off. So to prevent them from charging, you can actually bandage the terminal on the earbuds just enough to cover the terminals, then put them into the case and that's it. When you want to charge them again, just remove the bandage 

0 Likes