Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-in confusion

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 08:02 PM)
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
So. I received my watch 5 pro finally. Out the blue since I was told 9th sept after a few delays. It came with a returns label and info booklet telling be how to return my old device, only thing was that it mentioned using the postal bag included, but they was no bag. So went on the chat to ask if it was ok to use any postal bag, so long as I used the included label. The CS person said to ignore that as a returned pack would arrive in 5 days ? I also got an email telling me to return the trade-in using the label I was sent with my new device ? 

Also. My old watch doesn't have a strap. So asked if it had to have a strap on it was I return it as I assume they wouldn't sell on some manky old wrist strap ? The CS bod claimed it had to have a strap ? 

I can find one, I can probably find the original, just feels like I'm doing this off something the CS bod has just made up on the spot. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
No the trade in if I remember right said trade in any watch in any condition to receive 100 off the pro or 50 off the regular
0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I saw that, but even you actually complete the steps to register the trade-in it starts asking about device condition and having to check off a list of stuff like 'holds charge' 'powers on' 'free from scratches ' etc etc... I didn't see anything about the strap, and assumed they would just chuck the strap (probably the watch if it was old enough) . Just the CS person claimed you had to include a strap ? Sounds like they just made that up without actually knowing it checking.
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I would just send it in without the strap
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I think that this is a generic form that is used for all trade-ins. As it says any watch in any condition it just a way of reducing price you pay without reducing the retail price.
0 Likes
manny46
First Poster
Options
Hi,
Could someone please tell me if the chargers need to be returned with the old watches or is it just the watch also I only got return label no bag so would it be ok to return in a jiffy bag with the label on?
0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
Certainly no mention of chargers that I've seen.
0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
T&Cs state original strap and charger, it also states they can reduce trade in amount if they aren't present. They do look like generic T&Cs though so I honestly doubt they'll care if either are missing. Personally I'm sending in one of the kids old cheapo Chinese "smart" watches. GW5 Pro is overpriced old tech anyway, wear OS is inferior to Tizen too!
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I have no bag just return trade in address sticker . I've got original galaxy watch box so I've put in box wrapped it up and put in side letter than came with watch with returns ref number on it with old watch and sent off ...with post office Strikes just send off . I don't know if they send a jiffy bag later but with the post office on strike it could take sometime to come ... I can't see any problems just send off not wait if jiffy bag comes you have trade in returns letter ref and address sticker.. I did put in charger as well as it does not work with watch 5 pro
0 Likes