Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps hourly?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 01:45 PM)
Richj44
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just bought a Active 2 watch, which I am liking a lot.  The Samsung Health app is a bit trickier though.  Coming from a Fitbit watch, one of the features I liked was the ability to keep track of steps hourly and set an hourly activity goal based on steps.  I haven't found that feature in Samsung Health and I'm about convinced it doesn't exist, but then again I've been having trouble finding lots of features with the Samsung app so maybe I overlooked it.  I have set the activity tracker for the schedule I want, but I have no idea what it considers activity.  Don't think it's steps.

So, basically I just want to know if Samsung Health tracks how many steps per hour, or just total steps?

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Richj44: If you open the Samsung Health app on your Galaxy Watch Active 2, swipe up or down and select the Step Tracker screen. To set a step target, swipe up or down on the Step Tracker screen to access the Settings > Step Target > Tap the input field and rotate the bezel to set the target > Done. 

To view your daily activity by hour, open the S health app and swipe up or down to access the Activity Tracker, or swipe left or right on the watch screen and select 'Daily Activity'. From here you can select 'Move Hourly' to check how long you were active by hour throughout the day. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Tra41
Journeyman
Options

Please add this and optional feature to the watch. Currently the inactive reminder gives a congratulations just for standing up and taking 2 steps. Not much of a motivator. We want to "win" hour. 

Screenshot_20210307-115227.png

LRobertson128
Student
Options

I, too am coming from a Fitbit Sense to the S Watch 6 Classic. Loving the SW 6 so far but I do indeed miss the notifications/reminders to take at least 250 steps per hour. I want to be able to set up: Between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm remind me to take at least 250 hours if I don't move in any one of the hours in that range. On the FB Sense it will notify me at 10 minutes to the hour if I have not completed at least 250 steps in that hour.

This is a very valuable feature for people who work at a desk and a computer for 12 to 16 hours a day!

Can we please, please have this? I'm not willing to give up my Sense until the SW 6 has this.

cyburrs
First Poster
Options

I am totally blown away that this feature is not available. It is on the FB. Chunking up your daily goals is a no-brainer. How hard can this be? Really? Give a talented developer a week and he would probably have it done. I have been a solid Samsung fan for a very long time but this may kill it. My Samsung watch may have to go to the shelf in favor of the FB.

cdeadrick
First Poster
Options

I am also very disappointed by this. I cannot believe that they don't have this especially since FitBit did. I saw some other posts on the community page that were over 4 years old! Just ridiculous that they aren't trying to implement something that people are clearly wanting. Is there a way to get someone from Samsung to help with this?