Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking sleep active 2

(Topic created on: 29-01-2020 06:22 PM)
Tracy74
Apprentice
Options

I've had my active 2 since Christmas and it is really terrible at tracking and recording sleep. I'm not a great sleeper and I don't expect the watch to solve this, but I did expect it to track what sleep I do get. About twice a week I will get sleep activity, the rest of the time I get a were you sleeping message. I've tried putting goodnight mode on, loosening and tightening the strap, putting the watch in different locations on my wrist but nothing works. It's very frustrating especially as the watch was not cheap and does claim to track sleep. Perhaps Samsung need to amend their advertising and adjust the price accordingly. This feature was one reason I bought the watch. 

7 REPLIES 7
Themongoose87
First Poster
Options

Hi Tracey,

I had my watch for xmas, was tracking sleep well at first but I've updated the software and it no longer recognizes my sleep patterns, its something I wanted the watch for so its frustrating. Can anyone help or shed any light on this? 

Flic
Student
Options

I wish I'd done more research. I think I've paid a lot of money for no more than a fancy watch with gimmicks! The kicker is I don't like wearing watches!!! The trade off was that I would be getting more in touch with what my body was up to and I could monitor my health and fitness improvements - after all isn't that why most people get one? Being asked if I slept each morning is like being reminded I paid $600 for a lemon. Really disappointing @samsung.com 

Tracy74
Apprentice
Options

Me too! I have emailed them and asked for a refund as in my opinion the watch is not fit for purpose. It is advertised as doing many things but in reality does very few of them 

KWestwood
First Poster
Options

I agree with this comment. Sleep Tracker not working well on Galaxy Active 2 watch.  It used to but has recently failed to record REM stages several times. The watch is fastened fairly tightly and in correct position.

Flic
Student
Options

I've been a staunch Samsung owner since the S4 but it's time to leave. The reliability of this tech across all its smart devices has diminished at such a rate that slapping an improved camera on it every 12 months is not a great reason to keep buying. I have a Note10+, Active2, Buds, Tablets etc etc but the reliability is hit and miss. Samsung Health for sleep tracking is a joke since the last update. It works, then it doesn't work. ECG tracking was a big white elephant too wasn't it. Sadly, Samsung appears more interested in getting new gear out the door that resolving issues. No responses in their own community support site, no acknowledgment of issues passed claims the next model will "improve on this feature" and constantly referring issues such as Smart Lock to being a Google software issue (when it's mainly Samsung users complaining about it!!) Is enough for me to make my next tech purchase elsewhere. Farewell Samsung

0 Likes
galaxyactive
First Poster
Options

Has anyone tried resolving the issue with Samsung support and sent the Watch to Samsung for repairs? If yes did your Watch got fixed? Please let me & everyone know. Thanks

0 Likes
Tracy74
Apprentice
Options
I sent mine off twice, both times I still had the issue. finally after 6 months of complaining and quoting the consumer act to Samsung I was finally given a refund as a goodwill gesture. I got fed up with customer services and finally emailed *******
it took many emails but I didn't give up!
0 Likes