Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total calories burned are way too low.

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 10:32 PM)
Members_n9romJt
First Poster
Options

I'm having a quite annoying problem. My total calories burned are in my opinion way too low. I know for a fact that my BMR I about 1870 Cal, whilst in a day I clock around 600 Cal of activity, and still my total Cal is around 2200 Cal, so it basically doesn't add up. Is there any way to fix that up or is that just the way this app "works", because I bought the watch so it'll monitor my total Cal and I basically still have to do this myself... I would love any advice.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Valentina Paris
Apprentice
Options

I've noticed this too, I got a galaxy watch 4 a week ago, coming from a fitbit device, and I've noticed a difference of about 500kcal on par with same exercises and steps.

0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

I think this happens when you have a low resting (and in activity) heart rate. The fitbit's heart rate zones are customisable but the galaxy's are not and whilst I am carry out an exercise where my heart rate is raised from 40bpm to 70bpm (such as walking) , fitbit recognises this as an increase of 30bpm and exercising but the galaxy thinks 70bpm is resting. Similar for greater exertion where the fitbit sees a greater increase from 40 to 90bpm but the galaxy still sees 90bpm as just standing up.

0 Likes
jimmy110
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem. I have tried contacting Samsung, but they are useless. They need to accept that the way they calculate the calories burned is wrong.
0 Likes
Steve1234567890
First Poster
Options
What was you outcome in the end? I've just come from apple watch to GW5 and this is a glaring problem. Can't believe it's not been fixed yet.
0 Likes
Punderhill
Student
Options

I am guessing this is still an issue. Wish I had been aware of this before buying the GW6. I have a physically demanding job... 6am and exercise daily for atleast 40-45min and I never go over 2000 calories burned... this is atleast 700 or more calories less than any fitness tracker I have used.... why is this issue still unresolved.

Jodie2036
First Poster
Options

Just bought a watch6 (after having a Fitbit for years) and I am finding the same thing. I have rolled back my birth year and have gotten the total calories burned closer to the Fitbit count. Now I'm playing with my height to see if I can tweak it a little more.

0 Likes