Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party WearOS Watchfaces don't work properly

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 08:14 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Hi,

I've noticed and so have a few others that the new watchfaces for WearOS created by 3rd Party developers don't work as intended, especially things like heart rate and steps.

Yet all these features work on standard faces by Samsung that come preinstalled or if you download them.

Has Samsung limited the features for 3rd party watchfaces so certain things don't work? Is it just because of the difference in models and firmware used.

2 REPLIES 2
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
One third party watch face claims to have heart rate working. I emailed the developer to ask what he had done to make it work. He did not reply. As it happens, the thing is open source. On inspection, I see that he bodged it, using Samsung Health APIs directly. I haven't found any other way to make it work, although Watch Face Studio works a bit, with the text tag [HR]. This updates very rarely. Hope Samsung fix this soon.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I've emailed a couple of developers and as I have quite a few thema designs for my Huawei watches I asked if will be updating to WearOS and work with Watch 4.
They let me know they are updating and can now use complications that point to Samsung stuff, the only issue is that there are still some bugs that Samsung/Google need to fix for things to work properly.
A lot of the older watch designs are also a lot better than ones being ported from Tizen as they aren't locked down and work when touch the complications. Most of the ones coming from Tizen developers don't allow you touch complications to get further info.
0 Likes