Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tennis tracking

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 10:32 PM)
Mshaw1515
First Poster
Options

How do I choose tennis in activity tracker in S health app on my Gear S3?  I see it listed in S health app on my phone but not as an option on my watch...

91 REPLIES 91
Vlatard
Pathfinder
Options

Philness, what's the difference between Endomondo and S-Health on tennis tracking? Count different strikes, steps or just calories, time and heartrate?

0 Likes
Aravindk
Student
Options

I have been using samsung Galaxy fit for a while until I got the Samsung Galaxy watch active 2. And the galaxy fit used to have tennis as one of the workouts to choose. But this latest watch still doesnt have this workout, and it doesn't detect automatically. Both of them are bought just a month ago. Its terrible that, so called, smartwatch costing $200 more than a galaxy fit cant have a workout option that their own product fit has. 

0 Likes
GRH
First Poster
Options

Still extremely frustrating that we can't track tennis on our watches. They have all kind of never heard of sports but not tennis played by millions around the world.

0 Likes
Members_htpB2bw
First Poster
Options

Samsung has several partnerships with APP, before it had Endomondo.

Now it has with mapmyrun, these have all sports and synchronize with samsung heath

0 Likes
Vlatard
Pathfinder
Options
  • Yes. But no tennis tracking. No one of this apps(Endomondo, Map My, Strava or whatever...)tracks strokes, backhand, forehand, serve....the things that a real tennis tracking app does
0 Likes
Max Geddes
First Poster
Options

Samsung Sucks Big time. 
Client does not matter at all!

0 Likes
Hart29
First Poster
Options

This is crazy that tennis is not supported on the watch. Particularly when so many other activities are. It would also be nice to delete activities you will never want to track or participate in. If anyone knows how to delete activities or when Samsung will update the watch to support all the activities on the smartphone app I (and others) would be thankful! 

0 Likes
liong
First Poster
Options

I don't think calorie tracking is correct without the ability to specify the activity.  On my Galaxy watch Active2, I manually pick "Other Workout" (since I can't pick tennis), and no matter what I do (tennis, pickleball, tai chi), the calories burned is always 271 calories per hour for me.

0 Likes
liong
First Poster
Options

I am on Android.  Does anybody know a different device I can buy/use or apps I can install to track calories for a few different sports (tennis, badminton, pickleball)?

0 Likes
Members_1RhtP8V
First Poster
Options

Go with Fitbit, it will do tennis and others. I will switch back because of this reason and the ridiculus battery time...

0 Likes