Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoos & the Samsung Watch 4!!!

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 02:34 AM)
pritch533
First Poster
Options
Recently got the Samsung watch 4 44mm and I'm guessing this is a pretty popular topic but the watch doesn't work properly at all. None of the health apps work, always on display is a no go and neither is the notifications! 

Why did they remove the notification settings to recieve notifications when the watch is not being worn? 
2 REPLIES 2
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Tattoos have been an issue for years with all makes of smartwatch
Believe it has something to do with the type of ingredients for particular colours. Some colours apparently don't affect the watches optical sensors.
So being optical, it's something that will always be an issue unfortunately.
I suspect notifications while the watch wasn't being worn, like if on charge wasn't popular.
I know if I forget to silence the watch or phone, it's annoying getting woken up constantly with notifications
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Most standard tattoo ink colors are derived from heavy metals, including antimony, beryllium, lead, cobalt-nickel, chromium, and arsenic. Other additives include surfactants, binding agents, fillers, and preservatives. Obviously the metals then block the sensors from direct contact with your skin as if you have an extra layer.

As for the no notification when not being worn is probably to safe battery life and if charging it probably helps to charge faster and Keep the watch cooler. I hope this helps?