Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoos + Galaxy watch 4 classic

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 09:07 PM)
Marcus324
Student
Options
Has anyone who has tattoos on their arms (tattoo sleeves) have a issue with the galaxy watch 4? I have noticed that on the settings in notifications it says you'll only get them while wearing the watch however because I have tattoos the sensors dont seem to pick up that im wearing it ????. I have tested on where I have bare skin and I get notifications but not if its on tattoos. This seems to be abit of a poor design when my old galaxy watch it works fine other than the heart rate monitor. Why can a older model work better than the new, I think this feature needs to be turned off so that you'll get the notifications either way or am I missing something?
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Marcus324 ,

I have found this thread that may help you understand how this works. 

0 Likes
Marcus324
Student
Options
Yeah sure I can take a look, do you have the link?
0 Likes
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
zagladacz
Explorer
Options

yeap you are in the same sh....as others with tattoos, @Samsung are completely ignoring this problem, someone even said it is a discrimination - I suppose that Samsung didnt test his latest products and now is trying to find a fix or just decided to ignore this issue

RegP
Navigator
Options
I said its discrimination which i think it is. Samsung are ignorant for not commenting on this issue. Its a disgrace
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

I completely agree. I've had 5 of the earlier models of Samsung watches, and ALL of them allowed you to uncheck the box in notification settings that allowed the watch to receive notifications even if you weren't wearing it. Samsung and Google decided to take that setting away from us on the new GW4. I purchased both the GW4 Classic and the GW4 and I can't receive notifications on either of them until that simple basic setting is reinstalled on the new watch. It's flat out ridiculous. The watch prompts you that alarms and reminders will come through even if you're not wearing it. Allow us the option to allow ALL notifications if we're not wearing it. Why take away a setting that's been there since the OG watch in 2013. Not real smart Samsung. 

CurtisLaffin
First Poster
Options

I just bought the watch a month ago.  Have open tickets with my carrier because the notifications, HR readings and sleep readings were very inconsistent.... and am now discovering that my tattoo is the cause of the error.   There needs to be a software update to allow people to toggle on/off notifications even when not worn.   This will allow us inked folks to still have a watch that gets notifications.  I have a small line right under where the sensor naturally sits on my wrist.....   such a B**** that this stops the watch from getting notifications.

Samsung are you listening?    Make this software update!!!!

Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

As much as I hate to say, I don't think they're listening NOR do they seem to care. We're not inventing the ***** wheel here Samsung. We're asking you to send out an update to allow notifications whether you're wearing the watch or not. It's the same basic setting you've had on the past 7 years worth of watches. Plenty of people (myself included) have been complaining about this since the day the watch was released. It's now almost 4 months later and while you've sent a couple updates to the watch it's still not a darn thing to fix our issue. It absolutely SUCKS I was forced to re-buy the Galaxy watch 3 just to get basic notifications while both of my galaxy watch 4's sit in the drawer collecting dust. Alarms/reminders/map navigation, all of those work without actively wearing the watch. 

Grab your head with both hands and pull it out of your azz and fix what WE paid for!!!!!

0 Likes