Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoos and watch

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 06:58 AM)
andysmith83
First Poster
Options
Anyone have any suggestions with regards to my Watch5 Pro not detecting my wrist due to tattoos?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Try it on someone else without tattoos buddy, my feeling it could be the watch, so don't Remove your Skin just yet 🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
andysmith83
First Poster
Options
Haha, done that, and it's the tats that are the problem... so I guess I'd better get out the potato pealer!!
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
😂😂😂😆
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It is a known issue that tattoos can interfere with the sensor ,certainly for some functions.  Do not have personal experience  as never really wanted anything on my arms anyway 😊.   (though seems to be more of a problem for the heavily tattooed .  Some customers have found that certain stickers helped.  

A previous thread here concerning Galaxy Watch 4.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/samsung-galaxy-watch-4-if-u-have-tattoos-u-cant-wear-a... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Options

I have tried both the Galaxy watch 4 and a friends Galaxy Watch 5 sensors on my wrists. The heartbeat sensor in which it uses to detect if you are wearing the watch cannot pernitrate dark ink. It is a very simple fix to add option to turn off the wrist detection or "Do not disturb while off wrist" type setting but samsung will not do it, and hasn't listened to its customers since the Watch 4 came out, so do not hope for an update with this feature. If your pigment in your arm is dark enough, not even the stickers will help.

People say that it is Google and WearOS's problem, but is not. Fossil smart watches run on Wear OS, and have this feature and work fine.

Do yourself a favor and refund the watch and get one from a company who cares about its customers.

0 Likes