Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoos and the watch

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 03:10 PM)
Sindrex
Journeyman
Options
 For all who suffer from Watch 4 and 5 series not reading heart rate and giving notifications on your watch if you have tattoos, This solution works 100%. Attach one of these to back of sensor and all issues solved. It raises the watch from tattooed skin but can read through the transparent disc
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sensors have been touted as a possible fix for Tattoo issues with Smart Watches for a little while, not sure the Random Twitter user is a sage.

The evidence  (as far as has been covered) would suggest that this is not full proof though may well help many , a look at various options in this article but none pf them likely to be 100% effective.https://www.theverge.com/23567992/wearable-tech-tattoos-fitness-tracking-how-to 

Cannot test myself though as do not have tattoos.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Sindrex
Journeyman
Options
They stickers work great for me. As soon as I put it on the watch finally recognised it was on my wrist. All notifications and heart rate sensor working great
JD3176
First Poster
Options

Do you have to remove the sticker to charge it?

0 Likes
Sindrex
Journeyman
Options
Yes
0 Likes
Xendesign117
First Poster
Options

A Samsung tech just lied to me about this problem then immediately reversed the answer and directly confirmed that tattoos are an issue.

Picsart_23-03-30_00-35-21-620.jpg

0 Likes
tidyboythfc
Journeyman
Options
I had the same issue, they couldn't grasp the idea, or when I asked if it's being looked at in the late July update (I read about that it was) they said they didn't know and basically you can hope.

That is not good enough. I've just got this watch and if I have to chance it working with some stickers I have to replace everytime I charge it, that isnt a fix. It's a stop gap, but not a fix.

Its so annoying as it fails to wake on raising and if you do the members app diagnostics it just says not detected and all my measurements and reading arev WAY off. It HAS to be fixed.
0 Likes
Comicbook9l
First Poster
Options

Hello, unfortunately yes... someone else's galaxy watch 4 apparently burned out, not entirely sure if it's true but it's better not to take chances, better to put a new sticker on every day

0 Likes