Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming app not tracking lengths

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 07:14 PM)
Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

Hi I've tried resetting the watch and still no joy!!

Basically whenever I go swimming I turn the swimming app on but it doesn't track my lengths. 

I've adjusted the pool length on the options to see if that made a difference but nothing 

Did a reset on the watch...nothing

Really frustrating 

37 REPLIES 37
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

Got to agree that the actual Hardware is generally fine, it's just the rubbish Samsung Health App.

I'd have thought that with the Active 2, Samsung would have made sure it was updated to make all tracking accurate.  Looks like they've given up with it.....

If you want accurate swim tracking then the swim.com app is the way to go.  Never looked back and the only time it hasn't counted 100% is when my technique slipped.

Although we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app when the Samsung App should work as advertised.  Give it a try and you won't be disappointed..

Miker69
Explorer
Options

I agree - we *shouldn't* have to replace the native software when the original native software *used to* work. But, it does appear that Samsung has just abandoned the swim tracking function of it's products. So, we look elsewhere. I mean, my phone came with a bunch of pre-loaded software, but not all of it did what I need or want to do, so I downloaded better apps from other sources. It would be great if the Samsung trackers came with swim tracking software that worked (and what pisses me off is that it used to work fine until they updated it!), but since they clearly have zero interest in un-fixing the problems they "fixed" with the recent update, I'm not going to wait for Samsung when there's already a much better app out there already. I was a little reluctant to go all-in on Swim.com at first, but it really is far superior to what Samsung had even when Samsung's app worked properly. 

JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Is it not a shame that we have paid out all this money for a fantastic watch that could count our swimming activity to promote healthy activity plus other activities. But now I can't record what I do. I have been to the Milton Keynes Samsung store and they know nothing of this problem!! I regret buying this watch.

Shame to waste 20 years rewards working for a DiY company vouchers to waste it for this!!!!. I was rally excited to buy this and was convinces by a trading standers friend that it was ok!!

I have been a loyal Samsung follower with my family. Four Samsung mobile phones. Four Samsung Laptops. Six Samsung tv's (Sorry some inherated) Not sure I shall be so logo reliant.

John

Miker69
Explorer
Options

John - I wouldn't be so harsh on the hardware. My Samsung watch is great. It's just the software that sucks. Not really any different than buying a new computer - they almost all come pre-loaded with MS Edge, but as soon as I get online I download Firefox and Chrome and never use the pre-installed browser again. 

0 Likes
Barytonbrasse
Pioneer
Options

Miker69, Wgozzer, John67,

Thanks for your answers, advices and encouragements!

I installed Swim.com and tested it this morming in the pool: it works!!!! great!!!!

After the purchase of two watches ( galaxy watch and galaxy watch active 2), I was angry and discouraged...

Swim tracking is a common function: I've had a fitbit ionic and a Huawei watch gt who were doing it very well...

Why does Samsung neglect softwares so much? it's suicide! Especially to try to overtake Apple watch...

A new One UI is announced for phone for wearable??? Let's hope a health samsung fix...

Have a good week-end!

0 Likes
JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

Latest update on watch. Last Monday it worked!! Although is did say I did one extra lenght but what the hell it's getting there. I did want to try again yesturday but home late from work so next Monday lets see if it's still working.

@Wgozzer wrote:

Got to agree that the actual Hardware is generally fine, it's just the rubbish Samsung Health App.

I'd have thought that with the Active 2, Samsung would have made sure it was updated to make all tracking accurate.  Looks like they've given up with it.....

If you want accurate swim tracking then the swim.com app is the way to go.  Never looked back and the only time it hasn't counted 100% is when my technique slipped.

Although we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app when the Samsung App should work as advertised.  Give it a try and you won't be disappointed..

Miker69
Explorer
Options
Awesome news. Unfortunately, we closed our outdoor pool on October 1st and I haven't really wanted to swim since I ve had to go inside!
0 Likes
RunSwimBike
Journeyman
Options

The latest update was available to me this morning, so my run and swim this morning were using the latest software. One swim is not enough to make a definitive statement, but I swam 40 lengths today, and my Galaxy Watch counted all 40, and only 40 (instead of the typical 50-60 number it was coming up with).

I will use the Samsung Health app for my Thursday and Friday swims too, and follow up with an update at the end of the week. Seeing as it worked great this morning, I am definitely feeling more optimistic than I was the past couple of months.