Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream music Gear S3

(Topic created on: 17-06-2018 06:27 PM)
ppidgursky
Apprentice
Options

I just got the Gear S3 (SM-T760) . I paired it with my Verizon Note 8.

I want to know if I can play the music from my phone through the Gears speaker without transferring the music to the watches internal memory. Essentially, I'd  like to use the watch as a Bluetooth speaker. 

My understanding is that this feature works when you pair the watch to an Iphone, so why would it not work Samsung device to Samsung device? 

Any help would be great. 

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ppidgursky

I have my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch paired to my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone. 

I have no music on my watch. 

When I turn off my Bose Bluetooth Headphones then it auto switches and I can listen to my music through my watches speaker.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ppidgursky
Apprentice
Options

So that proves it has the capability to do it.

I don't have Bluetooth earphones to test that.

There has to be a setting or something for it. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Hi @ppidgursky

It is possible to change the source of the playback from the Gear S3 to your phone. To find out more please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061447/.

0 Likes
ppidgursky
Apprentice
Options

Thank you,  I've seen that link. it shows how to control the music player and the source of the music. 

Like bandofbrothers  said,  he had music play through the watch speaker without having the music in the watches storage. 

That is what I am wanting to do,  intentionally. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
What happens if you change the source of the music from the Gear S3 to the connected phone, as per step 3 of the guide?
0 Likes
ppidgursky
Apprentice
Options
It plays the music from your phone, on your phone.
0 Likes
Markyboy537
First Poster
Options

Is it possible to listen to music through wireless headphones (connected to the watch) without transferring music from the phone to the watch? I don't want to fill the watch memory with music but still want to control music using the watch while using headphones? TIA

0 Likes
saeedshekari
First Poster
Options

@ppidgursky wrote:

I just got the Gear S3 (SM-T760) . I paired it with my Verizon Note 8.

I want to know if I can play the music from my phone through the Gears speaker without transferring the music to the watches internal memory. Essentially, I'd  like to use the watch as a Bluetooth speaker. 

My understanding is that this feature works when you pair the watch to an Iphone, so why would it not work Samsung device to Samsung device? 

Any help would be great. 

hi, isn't this problem solved yet? i couldn't come up with a solution and i didn't find something useful on the internet.

ppidgursky
Apprentice
Options

Nope.  Not that i know of. 

0 Likes