Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava upload different pace

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 09:23 AM)
Michaelab
First Poster
Options
Hi, my Samsung Health app on my Samsung watch uploads my run to Strava at a much quicker pace than it records at. Yesterday my run was 11+ minutes per mile but on Strava its 8+ minutes per mile, a huge difference. Can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3
StephK1
Options

Hey @Michaelab! Do you have the GPS/Location setting turned on? This helps the watch gain more accurate tracking of your exercise and movement. You can check this on your watch in Settings > Connections > Location.  

0 Likes
MartinML
Apprentice
Options

Hi Steph, also the same issue on my side. GPS is turned on and everything works perfectly for Samsung Health. It's the moment that you synch your activity to Strava (from Samsung health) that notable differences in time, pace and distance appear. We hiked 14km today, accurately captured by SHealth, but then get 19km in Strava app. Huge difference. Max speed (on a hike) according to strava was 30km/h. Super unrealistic and inaccurate.

tomatoketchup
Journeyman
Options

Hi. There is a whole separate thread about this. Been an issue for 2 years. Samsung have no interest in fixing. If you want Strava sync, you need to return the Samsung watch and buy a Garmin instead.