Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Strava Sync Issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 09:57 PM)
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
I connected Strava in Samsung Health and went for a run. Got back and it didn't sync. I can't see anything wrong with the setup. Does anyone know of any reason why my activities are not syncing to Strava?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
SAMSUNG HEALTH SETTINGS/PRIVACY NOTICE/DATA PERMISSIONS. I think you must allow the Strava app here.
0 Likes
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
thanks for the reply, unfortunately nothing is showing in there. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20210201-210021_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm guessing SETTINGS/APPS/STRAVA, then set any special permissions from there. I don't use Strava, but I'm almost certain that this app needs to share data with SH. failing that, have a look at PERMISSION MANAGER, and scroll through the list, and see if BODY SENSORS and PHYSICAL ACTIVITY need additional permissions.
0 Likes
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
Thanks again, I've discovered that physical activity and body sensors wasn't included, so I've enabled those in the hope that it fixes it. I'll test it out tomorrow. Fingers crossed 🤞
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think that may well be the resolution to your issue. 😊
0 Likes
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
Here's hoping! still no apps showing in Data Permissions, but hopefully not needed. I'll hopefully find out tomorrow if it's working or not
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
hmm... just tried a quick sync test with a short walk around the house but again, nothing synced to Strava. I will test it properly tomorrow, but it's not looking good.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
if Strava uses GPS data, it is probably 'locked' onto you as being in a static location.
0 Likes
RoscoeP
Explorer
Options
That's a good point. I won't take my quick walk to the kitchen and back as a failed test. I'll try it properly tomorrow.