Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava keeps shutting down on Samsung Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 02:49 PM)
Markg2377
Student
Options

I am having an issue with Strava on my Galaxy Watch.  I start Strava on my watch, start running, look at my watch to find Strava has shut down.  I reopen it, but the activity isn't there / saved so I have to restart Strava again.  Sometimes this happens 3 times on a run.

It is terrible and affecting my running to the point whereby I am thinking of changing the running app I use, which I don't want to as it is a good app that others use, or purchasing a new watch, which again I don't want to do as it is an expensive solution.

It was working fine until a few weeks ago.  I have restarted the watch several times and deleted the app a few times and reinstalled it, but nothing works.

I don't know what Strava and / or Samsung have done to make it perform so badly, surely one of you can sort the issue out ASAP.

Samsung can you confirm the issue is being resolved?

5 REPLIES 5
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Markg2377

Can you also check that the watch, the Gear wearable app, and your Strava app are all up to date? Have you spoken to Strava support regarding this issue?

0 Likes
Markg2377
Student
Options

Yes it is all up to date and I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the software.

I have come to the conclusion, that as much as I am a fan of Samsung, there is obviously an issue between Samsung and Strava as so many people have issues so I have sold the watch and purchased a Garmin.  My fitness means more than brand loyalty!!!

0 Likes
davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options
Hi
I know this post is over 6 months old, but I've started experiencing the same issue with the Strava app on my Galaxy Watch Active. It's only started occurring in the last couple of months, and everything is up-to-date.

Did you find a resolution to this issue.

Thanks.
Sirmerlin
Student
Options

Same issue with Strava 1.5 on Galaxy Watch 4, Android 11 on Galaxy S20+

0 Likes
davidjpalmer71
Explorer
Options
Do yourselves a favour. Uninstall Stava on your watch and use the watch's in-built Samsung Health tracker. It's more reliable.