Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava History on Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 07:33 PM)
JC31
First Poster
Options

Is there no history of Strava workouts? On my galaxy watch 1 the Strava app showed a list of past workouts I could re-sync if there was a problem. The G4 watch has lost several workouts with no way to retrieve them. I'm ready to go back to my old watch. All it shows is one pill of "unsynced". 

8 REPLIES 8
MrNikt
Pioneer
Options

I lost 3,5h workout today. Finished wko in watch, it showed "internet connection failed" message, but my watch was connected with S21+ phone that had data connected. Strava watch app shows Unsynced 0. Too bad Strava has no history of past wkos on watch to sync or export them individually again. My best guess is that GW4 is just not a tool for sports. It's the most "powerfull" watch of Samsung and works like cheap Chinese fitness band. So disappointing. 

Mafajonesbr
Apprentice
Options

Got the same problema today, just lost a 5k running with pace goal and now I have no ideia of the result.

Unbelievable!

0 Likes
melquimachado
Apprentice
Options

1. Disconnect Samsung Health in Strava Site

2. Disconnect Strava in Samsung Health app and reconnect.

3. It's OK.

0 Likes
arew
Journeyman
Options

Just had this happen to an 8k run 😔 Pretty incredible that they have no way to try to resync sctiivites! 🤦‍♂️ 

0 Likes
Edu16
First Poster
Options

Same here. Poorly designed Strava app. Caution to anyone thinking of getting a Samsung Watch to work with Strava. The app is incredibly unreliable. 

0 Likes
Mafajonesbr
Apprentice
Options

I realized what the problem is. If you got home after training and have wifi conected to de smartwatch but no BT connection to you mobile, the strava app thinks that you are online and try sync activities without success. Then the strava app in watch cleans activities in strava, and once we have no access to history in this Watch 4 version, you cant sync again.
So, once I leave home to train, when I get back, I always turn off wifi before walk in watch until I sync activities thru BT. Once you sync thru BT you can turn on Wifi in the watch 4.
It looks that the problema is caused by Strava app version.
Hope this can help. Wainting a decent version of Strava in WearOS.

0 Likes
Mafajonesbr
Apprentice
Options

Just sent a solution here. I never had the problem anymore.

0 Likes
Rradunz
First Poster
Options

Maybe there is something else to this missing activities bug, my watch 4 wifi is always off. Anyway watch should not clean activities until sure they have been transferred 

0 Likes