Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps on treadmill not recording

(Topic created on: 16-10-2018 11:28 PM)
Brad2809
Student
Options

I bought the Samsung galaxy watch 42mm to record my steps on the treadmill as having my phone in my pocket is cumbersome.

While on the treadmill I hold onto the handle infront of me and there is little action in my wrists. 

I always start treadmill activity on the watch so it records how long I've spent but theres no steps. Even if I could enter the distance the treadmill displays, this would help me somewhat track my progress.

Also it does not display flights of stairs correctly as I go up and down stairs at work and home and it still displays none or 1 flight. The other day i did 1 flight of stairs and it come up with a really high number.

Overall for a 300£ device, i am a little disappointed.

5 REPLIES 5
Brad2809
Student
Options
Anyone?
0 Likes
dindymene
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue.  Using the galaxy watch on a treadmill grossly under-records steps (like 100 on the watch when the treadmill says I've walked 1500) and I go up and down the stairs many times per day and my watch rarely records even 1 flight.

sfgran
First Poster
Options

I too am frustrated at my Galaxy Active 2 not recording my steps on my treadmill.  

0 Likes
Honeyza
First Poster
Options

Yes I am facing the same problem too. My Galaxy Active 2 is not recording steps on treadmill. 

0 Likes
Defi4nt
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung 4 watch and have the same issue. I put it on the treadmill setting and none of my steps and distance are recorded on my watch...just the time and heart rate. 3 to 5 km work on the treadmill each day and nothing added to my monthly step count...any fixes on this yet?