Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps count when driving and sitting.

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 12:13 PM)
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
Is that normal if your watch  caunts steps when you're sitting or driving in the car or truck? I have Samsung Galaxy watch3 update  now I have watch 4 and it's have same issue.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
You can pause step counter on Samsung health app why you cannot do it on watch?
LorraineD
First Poster
Options

Andrew is there any resolution to this. I have just purchased by a galaxy watch 4 after having 2 previous gear fits. The Samsung watch counts every arm movement... So even if I am sitting each time I move my arm steps are counting. Why would a cheaper and less sophisticated device such as the gear fit be accurate and the watch is not?

0 Likes
Pauly55
First Poster
Options
Galaxy watch 4. Driving my truck for 2hrs... and did over 2000 steps. Brilliant... I've known cheap watches that you do actually have to dooo the steps! (Madness)
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LorraineD: As a possible workaround, try heading to the Samsung Health app on your watch > Exercise > Choose Workout, and select 'Walking' from here. Now, tap the cog symbol under the exercise type and select 'Auto Pause' to automatically pause the tracking features when you stop moving/working out. 

0 Likes
Mohsen_Arzani
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have installed Samsung health on my phone. But, it counts the steps as I am driving in my car or biking. I want the application to count on only my walking steps while walking or jogging. What are the solution and the configuration? Thanks

0 Likes