Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps count when driving and sitting.

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 08:37 AM)
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
Is that normal if your watch  caunts steps when you're sitting or driving in the car or truck? I have Samsung Galaxy watch3 update  now I have watch 4 and it's have same issue.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I have the galaxy active 2 and it has never counted steps while driving or just moving my arm. It uses GPS to determine if you're walking so make sure you have that turned on
0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
First before driven second after driven ,and what a diferense between phone and watch steps readings.
It's makes my angry.Screenshot_20210831-161739_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20210831-161747_Samsung Health.jpg20210831_155135_18216.jpg20210831_151055_18214.jpg
0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
As far as I understand the GPS is ON
0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
Today i driven for 7h and you can see what a diferense between wach reading and phone. That is ridiculous
0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
By the way, Watch3 I send it back because I think it's faulty and then I'll have watch4 and is actuall doing the same thing
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@RayONbay: The user manual does acknowledge this issue, and sadly I'm unable to find any information as a means of preventing it without taking it off, which I appreciate is far from ideal. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

"If you use the steps tracker while travelling by car or train, vibrations may affect your step count. "

0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
In this case they supposed to add button to pause step counter.
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
I'm except 10or 50 steps p/h , but not 1000 steps to add per hour.
0 Likes
RayONbay
Explorer
Options
After 25miles driven it's added 136 steps.
0 Likes