Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counts on galaxy watch and S Health app inaccuracy

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 12:34 AM)
Fmalbec
First Poster
Options

I just updated my Galaxy Watch to the latest software firmware and now I can't access past step count data on the watch. I understand it's possible on the phone app, however it's not allowing me to see just the watch's information, only mobile phone steps and both combined. The issue with the latter is that when you combine both watch and phone the count is incorrect as it adds the phone's step count onto the watch's even when walked with both at the same time. Basically adds steps from phone to watch that have been counted already by the watch.

It's not like I take my watch off to use my phone or vice versa. However I don't connect my watch as it drains my phone's battery waaay quicker.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JackTurner
First Poster
Options

I raised this with Samsung months ago & got nowhere. I could only choose steps from both phone & galaxy watch or old S2. The only solution I can find that works (recommended in these forums) is to roll back version of Samsung health to 6.1.7.019 then you can choose step count from only Galaxy watch again. I haven't noticed any drawbacks or loss of functionality in doing this. If Samsung is reading - please let us know when the bug is fixed in latest version of Samsung Health

0 Likes