Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify "now playing stuck" bug on Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 09:42 AM)
onionwolf
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone! In some instances when I listen to Spotify on my Note10+, I find that the currently playing is stuck. It shows that the music is paused, but it is in fact playing. Regardless of what song I choose, it shows whatever last song I played in a previous session some hours before and changing the song doesn't change what is currently playing. Say if the last song I played in the AM was Lady Gaga, when I want to listen to The HU after work, it still shows up with Gaga as now playing still. No one else seems to be having this issue but I've been having this issue since day 1 of the release of the Watch 3. But if I close Spotify and disconnect my bluetooth, the app comes back to normal.

Quite an annoying bug. Now that I've started driving this week, this issue has prohibited me from playing my Spotify music via Android Auto on my commute, unless I disconnect bluetooth and reconnect it in the middle of the freeway. I *shouldn't* be doing this in order for this to work (and don't worry, I'm a new safe driver!). It seems to me that the Spotify app on my watch has constantly been bugging out my Spotify app on my phone like this, and needless to say, it's annoying.

So far the only thing I've done is update the watch itself. I haven't reset or uninstalled/reinstalled anything but any suggestions will help!

11 REPLIES 11
Fraserr
First Poster
Options
just recieved my galaxy watch today and I have the exact same issue even in the car. would love to know a solution/fix!
HalsiCat83
First Poster
Options

There is so much talk about this issue online and through the Spotify community and we are being completely ignored. SAMSUNG... What's being done to correct this???? We PAY too much money for these issues. GET IT TOGETHER!!!

jade_francis
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue and i think its the watch as this only started happening after i got the watch 3

Kodo55
First Poster
Options

I use Galaxy Watch 3 and S20 Ultra.

hi guys i got my watch yesterday and encountert that bug but i was able to fix it with the help from this guys video maybe it helps you to it is not a bug per se its more an incorrcet adjustment. It is in german if u dont understand what he is doing i can translate it for you gl to you all hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAj7DVR4cIM

Cristianix
First Poster
Options

Can you please translate the video/directly tell me what to do?... I Need to fix this bug.

mattkent
First Poster
Options
Mine does the same waiting in hope
Ramorse
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue new galaxy watch 3 impacting Android Auto. I have to restart my phone each time to get Spotify to work

0 Likes
Ravioli
First Poster
Options

Managed to find a fix around!!! I use an S20 ultra and Watch3. This fix is not perfect but I no longer have spotify freeze on either my phone or Watch when connected and can now control my music via my Watch 3 without fail. The only problem is I can't search different playlists which is a lot less frustrating than not being able to use it at all. Turns out the solution is simply disabling spotify from your watch3, and using Samsung music instead. I know Samsung music isn't great but when playing spotify through my phone, Samsung music picks up what I'm listening to and then seamlessly interacts with spotify. I was about to return my watch3 because of how useless spotify was on it but have found a decent compromise 

Raph44A
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I had to do the same. I uninstalled Spotify from my watch and use the default music player instead. 

0 Likes