Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify on watch 5 Pro speaker

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 09:03 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
So all of a sudden I can play Spotify using watch 5 Pro speaker and not only with buds connected ? Hallelujah ! Exactly how it was on watch 3 !
Can anyone else do this or have I got a bug as since I updated tab s7 plus Spotify doesn't play through buds even though it says it is only tablet speaker 
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you install the Spotify app on your watch? I was able to play on my watch after I paired it
0 Likes
Solution
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Easty, mine also plays through Watch 5 Pro speaker as long as I have a Bluetooth connection to phone, Z Fold 4, and select watch as current device in Spotify. I haven't managed to play direct from watch yet, even though I've downloaded playlist and album to watch, it keeps looking for a Bluetooth connection.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I installed it when I got the watch after release but it wasn't until tonights update to spotify on play store that I noticed it working
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I was out if range of my phone and it carried on playing? Maybe it was connected via WiFi, I'll test the watch in standalone in a bit , hopefully it works , used it quite a bit on watch 3 that way
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Just checked it as standalone and you're right , keeps looking for headphones and won't play through speaker , *****
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Thanks for the info 🙂

Watch 4 classic also now supports Spotify over the watch speakers over both WiFi and bluetooth (connected to phone).

0 Likes
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

When it keeps looking for bluetooth, close and reopen the app. Do not click on play, but on next, and the watch will start playing music without the need to connect to any external speaker - at least it worked for me that way.