Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify on galaxy watch 4 classic

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 06:00 AM)
Kenyaone
Journeyman
Options

I'm so fed up with Samsung. The first time I used Spotify on watch it worked perfectly. It's never worked again. When watch is connected to my phone S22 Ultra, Spotify works perfect playing from the watch over Bluetooth headphones. As soon as I go running it stops when it looses connection with the phone, even though the playlists are downloaded to onto the watch. The whole point I bought watch was to play Spotify without my phone. I've checked every setting. Can't figure out out. So frustrating. It shows playlists under downloaded on the Spotify menu. Even shows downloads are complete, but everything is greyed out, even the play button grayed out.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have a S22Ultra with GW5 Pro BT and Buds2 Pro

I download a play list to the watch and played music to my Buds2Pro. I then put phone in to flight mode and everything played fine

I know this may not be helpful to you but just wanted you to know it seems to work OK on my setup
0 Likes
Kenyaone
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. But Samsung need to give us an apology or a solution. It appears you have the same problem. Much as putting the phones on airplane mode may allow the watch to play Spotify, that's not how is supposed to work.

The watch should be able to play Spotify natively regardless of whether the phone is on, off, in airplane mode, connected or disconnected from the watch. It's not for us to us to ***** around in the dark trying to find a solution and from what I've seen online, hundreds of people have the same problem, it's up to Samsung to solve it or apologize for false advertising. I'm not going to buy a galaxy watch again.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I put my phone in airplane mode to simulate your problem with it having no connectivity to the watch not because I had to

I suggest you reach out to Support via members app and have them troubleshoot the problem of your still having issues
Kenyaone
Journeyman
Options

Why don't you try putting your phone on airplane mode, start Spotify on your watch, then stop it, remove airplane mode from phone so the watch is connected again, then move out or range of the phone (not airpl mode) then see if Spotify still plays natively from the watch. That's the problem I'm having. Is there a way to set Spotify as default player on the watch?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

When your Watch is not connected to your phone, "Your library" is greyed out. However, if you click on Downloads, does it show you the downloaded playlists/songs? From here, you should be able to play the songs.

Screenshot_20230123_163635_music.png

Screenshot_20230123_163647_music.png

Screenshot_20230123_163819_music.png

0 Likes
Kenyaone
Journeyman
Options

I've tried that. The watch plays Spotify for like 30 minutes then just stops on its own. I tried it yesterday while out for a run. Then when I tried to get it to play again, the songs on the downloaded playlist all greyed out....😖 I had no option but to use the standard media player and listen to my downloaded mp3's. Once I got back home and it connected to my phone, it started playing again.

0 Likes
Kenyaone
Journeyman
Options

Yes. That's correct, but when I open downloaded playlists, it's also greyed out. If I start playing while the phone is connected then move out of range, it'll play on for about 30 minutes then stop and all music is greyed out again.

0 Likes